Help with Stihl MS 200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Froggy

Froggy

ArboristSite Operative
I need a some help with my 200T. I need someone who is good with a Stihl. To give it a tune up and give it a little more zip. Any information would be helpful. As most of you know climbing trees you make a living with your saw. So that's why I came here for help. Around these parts there are folks that think they can work on them, but I need someone who is truely good.

Thanks ,
BB

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
have you given Dean @ Washington Hot saws a call? he has a forum here listed in other sponsors. his newest in the hotsaw lineup is a 192T that can keep right up with a 200T, with less weight. i have an 019T that im going to be rebuilding and probly sending to Dean to do some mild work on it. at the very least a muffler mod.

BostonBull

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Dean is the best when it comes to Stihl modified saws. He is even better though at customer service! He has a small advertisement over at anothe site called *************** that explains in detail what his modifications entail.

kf_tree

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
yea dean how much should i grind off the base to raise the compression?

:) i pulled a good jug and piston from a parts saw so i plan on playing around a bit to see what i could gain or loose......probably loose. just a little prodject to play with. do ya think i should buy a dremel, or is the 8in bench grinder good enough? :)

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
hey KF, if your going to take some off the base of a cyl.. theres only 2 ways to do it right.. a mill machine or a metal lathe.. if your going to try it with a dremel or a grinder just toss the cyl in the trash. it will end up there anyway.
your gasket surface needs to be flat. a grinder or dremel would leave your gasket surface like the ocean during a tropical storm.. done right you could get some nice gains to start with. just dont go too crazy the first time. take it nice and easy.

rahtreelimbs

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
. AS Supporting Member.
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
kf_tree said:
yea dean how much should i grind off the base to raise the compression?

:) i pulled a good jug and piston from a parts saw so i plan on playing around a bit to see what i could gain or loose......probably loose. just a little prodject to play with. do ya think i should buy a dremel, or is the 8in bench grinder good enough? :)

Nice Kenny!!!

Give EHP a call also. He has done 200's.........and he knows his sh!t.

ehp

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have played with a few 200's and I can tell you that you really have to watch how much more heat you are going to make cause the 200 hates it. And they turn a pretty high rpm stock , so raising the compression alot is a big no no . sure it will work cutting small stuff like 8 inch round but just like everything else once they get a saw that cuts and is light they want to cut huge trees with it.
Ken if you need a 200 , I have 2 sitting in my basement already ported and tried

Sylvatica

Sylvatica

ArboristSite Operative
The "modifications" to all of my 200Ts consists of the radical procedure of removing the exhaust baffle/screen and adjusting carb as necessary. That's all I need. OK, sometimes they get a GB bar.

Latest posts