Help with Tilting Hinoki Cypress

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJL

Reaction score
Moved into home w/existing hinoki cypress. It seems to have grown wider and a tall sprig at the top. The top is now tilting sideways. Do I trim off and if so how? Thanks for any tips.

LJL said:
Moved into home w/existing hinoki cypress. It seems to have grown wider and a tall sprig at the top. The top is now tilting sideways. Do I trim off and if so how? Thanks for any tips.

How tall is the tree? can you stake it upright? I'm no pro, but I wouldn't cut the top out, I'm not sure it would ever look right w/o some major trimming. Some pics would help, and again, I really have no clue what i'm talking about...

Thanks, Twelve Gun

The tree is about 20 feet high and maybe 8 feet wide. You're probably right about not cutting. Perhaps I'll try your staking idea. Though you say you're not an expert, sounds better than nothing!

(Will post photos later as it's raining now. The tree is healthy on the outer few inches of foliage but then dead on all the inside stuff.)

First time using site - sorry about name spelling 12 guns!

First time using site - sorry about incorrect name spelling above, 12 Guns!

Latest posts

Back