help with tree idenification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandet

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
View attachment 268986View attachment 268985tks to all of you for all your help
this tree is 15 years old
I beleave this to be hemlock or baldcypress
its in northern califorina around 800ft elavationView attachment 268984
this palm is going to be removed having not had to grind out the stump on one of these
I am not shure if my air spayed or a stump grinder would work best as the tree is inbetween a concreat slabe and the fence
that drops down 3 ft just behind the tree
any one have experiance with something like this ?
and yes the home owner got a little tree happy planting 7 trees in the back yard
and 3 in the front on a lot no bigger than 100ft by 80 ft
all the surounding back yards have trees to so no one is getting any sun in ther back yards

View attachment 268986View attachment 268985tks to all of you for all your help
this tree is 15 years old
I beleave this to be hemlock or baldcypress
its in northern califorina around 800ft elavationView attachment 268984
this palm is going to be removed having not had to grind out the stump on one of these
I am not shure if my air spayed or a stump grinder would work best as the tree is inbetween a concreat slabe and the fence
that drops down 3 ft just behind the tree
any one have experiance with something like this ?
and yes the home owner got a little tree happy planting 7 trees in the back yard
and 3 in the front on a lot no bigger than 100ft by 80 ft
all the surounding back yards have trees to so no one is getting any sun in ther back yards

I can't tell what that tree is from the pics. Not a Bald-cypress, they look like a dead pine in the winter.

Looks like a Dawn Redwood to me, but hey what do I know I live in the Midwest.

Looks like a Dawn Redwood to me, but hey what do I know I live in the Midwest.

I will post a pic of a smalll branch close up
just notced what was posted was not very clear
have to do that tomarrow when the sun is out

Need a photo of the bark to be sure but it looks like a CA redwood (coastal) based on the close up of the needles. Although the shot of the canopy resembles a dawn redwood, dawns have spry and longer needles. If the bark is slightly fissured with some fuzz on it (younger specimens), I'd go with a California redwood.

Need a photo of the bark to be sure but it looks like a CA redwood (coastal) based on the close up of the needles. Although the shot of the canopy resembles a dawn redwood, dawns have spry and longer needles. If the bark is slightly fissured with some fuzz on it (younger specimens), I'd go with a California redwood.

tks for the info guys
I just finished this job yesterday

Back