Here we go again.....Outdoor wood burners raise a stink!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new gassifier boilers should be permitted in most towns because they create so little pollution, other than at startup. I don't agree that all low-cost wood heating appliances make lots of smoke, boilers are particularly bad at it because of the cool water surrounding the firebox and the "on-off" nature of their operation. I have an old clunky furnace thats not that well designed and I can keep it from smoking most of the time, aside from startup and loading it, by running it hot. Yeah, I go through more wood, but I make less smoke and my chimney stays clean.

If the smoke is going into your neighbors house or yard you need to fix the issue and quick!! why would anybody want to force feed there pollution on there neighbor.

Seasoned untreated hardwood is a bit lean softwood should be in that list minimum stack height is a must.

My stack is low but there are trees all around and the wind blows south 99% of the time nothing over there but 20 miles of field and wild life.

If you keep you burn clean no one would care if you burn or not.

for the city to go through what there going through the guy must not of cared about the neighbors and been burning green wood........

During the holidays I burn apple wood for the neighborhood.

Take care of your neighbors and they will take care of you.

:cheers:

Depends on the neighbor imo if he is on the good side of the road
I will adjust but that friggin sob with the twenty dogs running through
my property heck no he gets smoked! The good thing is it almost always
heads his way :laugh:

Depends on the neighbor imo if he is on the good side of the road
I will adjust but that friggin sob with the twenty dogs running through
my property heck no he gets smoked! The good thing is it almost always
heads his way :laugh:

I'm just glad I'm not a OWB user, beacuse your unwitting admitance of smoke as a 'payback' for a neighbor's dogs is just what some people need as proof on action needed. I think you forgot this is the world wide web.

PS: please don't post any supportive posts for indoor woodstoves-we don't need your help.

Last edited:
I'm just glad I'm not a OWB user, beacuse your unwitting admitance of smoke as a 'payback' for a neighbor's dogs is just what some people need as proof on action needed. I think you forgot this is the world wide web.

PS: please don't post any supportive posts for indoor woodstoves-we don't need your help.

Easy there gunsmoke I think there is room for humor here!
I am in the middle of forty acres my smoke seldom reaches the neighbors and nearly all of them burn too:cheers:

My opinion: OWB manufactureres better add a grand to the price of every unit to start paying for lawyers and lobbyists......... or they will all be out of business in five years. Sad.:cry:

Latest posts

Back