Here's a mill for ya!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was close by and had a place to put it. be all over this!

Man, I don't know. It just don't look like the flatheads I remember.

He can call it what ever he wants, but the motor in the picts. is an OHV motor, not a flat head...

Rob

I'm sure he's refering to the fact it "origionally" was powered with a wide belt to a steamer or ?? .

Rob

It's a Ford, inline 6cyl, 300ci engine, probably with a 1bbl Carter carbeurator, damn things are bulletproof, powerful, and sip fuel.

Looks like a mechanics nightmare to me, and I AM a mechanic. I'd have to agree that it's an old Chev/GMC 6 cyl. and as such it will have babbit bearings, which are probably shot.

Looks like a mechanics nightmare to me, and I AM a mechanic. I'd have to agree that it's an old Chev/GMC 6 cyl. and as such it will have babbit bearings, which are probably shot.

Could be a nightmare, but could be interesting. I would like to see more pictures at different angles. I am sure glad to hear that some of you guys know what a 216/235 Chevy looks like. Now I don't feel so old, The machine was built out of necessity. Is this a sawmill only or was it used for various tasks. :popcorn:

Could be a nightmare, but could be interesting. I would like to see more pictures at different angles. I am sure glad to hear that some of you guys know what a 216/235 Chevy looks like. Now I don't feel so old, The machine was built out of necessity. Is this a sawmill only or was it used for various tasks. :popcorn:

I revisited the listing and saw all pictures. I saw one like this in Europe in a museaum that was powered by horses.:jester:

If you look closely at the mill it is not a bandsaw. The blades are ganged together on a reciprocating assembly. He may be referring to the blades as belts. The pitman arm is missing from the large sprocket assembly on the left. It attaches to the lever arm that is at the top center of the main frame.

Dave

If you look closely at the mill it is not a bandsaw. The blades are ganged together on a reciprocating assembly. He may be referring to the blades as belts. The pitman arm is missing from the large sprocket assembly on the left. It attaches to the lever arm that is at the top center of the main frame.

Dave

L I B! M R BELTS!... or something. I didn't look at it that closey. Very observant you are!

Latest posts

Back