Here's what I did today....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wigglesworth

Booned
Reaction score
My boy was wanting his own work bench in the shop, so he could "work on stuff" LOL. His great grandpa bought him a 1/4" drive ratchet set, a screwdriver set, and a set of boxed end wrenches for Christmas, and I dug out an old toolbox for him and set him up. I tossed in a few of my tools as well.

wigglesworth-albums333-168454.jpg

I've never seen a 7 year old so happy to get a blown up 046 top end and a recoil for an 011...:laugh:

wigglesworth-albums333-168455.jpg

And here is a view of the shop. He's at his "bench" apparently "Working on stuff"

wigglesworth-albums333-168453.jpg

Wiggs, that's very cool. He's 7 and rather sit out in the shop "fixing stuff" than sit in the house on his butt playing video games you must have done something right.

Wiggs, that's very cool. He's 7 and rather sit out in the shop "fixing stuff" than sit in the house on his butt playing video games you must have done something right.

Thanks. Id like to think im doing something right. He still likes his ######## DSI though. :)

He has an imagination like you wouldn't believe. He wants to use that top end, recoil and some other pistons and stuff he scrounged out of the shop to build a robot. :laugh:

He is an awesome kid. I am blessed.

Hey, that's awesome! I remember the first thing my dad let me "work" on. It was an old trashy push mower. I think the only tools I used was a hammer and a crowbar. I remember every detail and that was about 35years ago. I still have the piston and rod in my toolbox.
Keep up the good fathering.

:agree2:

Reminds me of my 9 year old.. He loves to see how things are made or how something works. He loves his video games but he loves to follow dad around and work with his hands also.

Nice Shop!
Chris

Thats awesome! Cant wait until my boy is old enough to get his hands dirty. Guess i'll have to wait awhile since he's only 2 weeks old.lol :waiting:

AWESOME I love when my daughter "helps" me, Ill let her finish tightening the screws on projects or just hang out. She loves using a ratchet with a 3 inch extension as a noise maker. Keep up the great fathering!!!!

You need to get that kid something with an engine on it that he can run. Maybe a cheapo weedeater or something. He'll pick up more than you think if he shocks himself on a sparkplug a few times etc... I have an old FS-51 Stihl here that needs new rings and a few things. You want me to send it to him? I have plenty of box-store throw-away ones to send also. The first time he starts something HE rebuilt, he'll be hooked forever.

You need to get that kid something with an engine on it that he can run. Maybe a cheapo weedeater or something. He'll pick up more than you think if he shocks himself on a sparkplug a few times etc... I have an old FS-51 Stihl here that needs new rings and a few things. You want me to send it to him? I have plenty of box-store throw-away ones to send also. The first time he starts something HE rebuilt, he'll be hooked forever.

Poor little boy. He's doomed to have CAD before the age of 10, lol.

Very true about the shocking, I try teaching my daughter how the sparkplug works. Ill leave it on the cylinder and let her pull it untill she sees the blue spark. She knows that the carb mixes fuel and air and it amazes me how much other things she'll remember. Wiggs, and all other fathers, we are all blessed!!

Good on you Wiggs...keep in mind it doesn't have to end right away either, I took these over the Christmas break.

Older son (Jeff) wanted to get his McCulloch 600 Series saws cleaned up after our last outing, and younger son (Josh) wanted to check out the oiler on his Jonsered 2095.

Jeff is a 31 year old bachelor, Josh is 28, married, and has provided me with our two grandchildren. We still enjoy spending time together in the shop.

168485d1295146805-dscn2902-jpg

168484d1295146802-dscn2900-jpg

Mark

Back