Hesitation on the way up?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alderman

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Took the old Shindaiwa 500 out to cut up some recent blowdowns today. It is running well but does have a slight hesitation at the bottom end before it revs to full throttle.
I'm wondering what would cause this and is there and easy fix that can be recommended?

saxman

saxman

Addicted to ArboristSite
HI, I have an old shindaiwa 350 and love it. I used to have a 575 before someone took it from my garage. I guess the first thing I would do is put fresh gas in it, next after you warm the saw up, if the problem is still there you might turn the low speed screw on the carb out just a little (1/8th to a 1/4 of a turn). See if that doesn't help.

computeruser

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
It could be something serious, it could be a tuning issue or it could just be a dirty fuel delivery system. Had a friend's 33cc HomeDepotSpecial Homelite over the other day to get it ready for some cutting, and it was having a very hard time building revs. It had been sitting with gas in it for nine months without use. Drained the gas, shot it with carb cleaner, refueled, and it was working much better. Tuned it up and then it was working as well as you could expect such a saw to work. Hopefully your solution will be as easily had as mine was.