Hey, all. From New Hampshire.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodgkins Tree Removal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My name is Andrew Hodgkins, and I opened Hodgkins Tree Removal in May of 2022. To start my company I bought the following: a used 1ton dump which I built a chip box on, 1 top handle saw, 2 conventional saws, a climbing harness, a 2 in 1 lanyard, a 200’ climb line, 250’ and 350’ 5/8 rigging ropes, other misc. climbing equipment, (gecko spurs, a figure 8 belaying device, prusic cords etc.), and most recently a 2016 Altec dc1317 Contractor chipper. All of my equipment was bought without debt in used condition except for my truck and the chipper, a total of $22,000 financed.
Prior to starting my company I had felled roughly 200 trees ranging from very small to 3’ pines. I had never climbed on spurs until the night before my first climbing job.
I do love to research and learn new things, so learning about climbing and rigging was a joy. I am most definitely still researching and learning a lot of new things to make the job easier, safer, and more efficient as I go.

Back