Hey FATGUY!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing easier on a "pro" saw is the cylinder / piston replacement. Bigger problem if you have an air leak at the case seam, or a bad bearing etc.... Case splitting is a much bigger pain than simply changing out an entire clamshell engine. I can competely tear down and reassemble a clamshell inside of an hours time. The only clamshell I didn't care to work on was the MS170. Too much manipulation of A/V mounts to get handle on / off. Only one such mount (near chainbrake) with 029 series. Splitting cases on pro saws is a real PITA. Gimme a clam anyday.

Some dudes will do anything for a saw.

attachment.php

WTF ANDY

You have a very sick fetish.

Surely you are kidding, has our dear old Nik sunk that low? *hangs head* tsk, tsk, tsk. I guess the Mayans were right, the world may be coming to an end.....
zhao3.jpg
zhao2.jpg
zhao4.jpg

Once you do a few, they are a breeze. Like you mentioned... I also think they are very well constructed. Easier than most Macs IMO.
I would try to put the cylinder back on like I would a pro saw.... this can be a pita. I've found getting the piston started into the cylinder is much easier when you have the jug upside down on the bench, and the piston/crank assembly in your hands. Once it's started, then I lower the crank into the cradle on the saw, careful not to lift the jug all the way off the rings. The oil pump needs to be off though. One time I spent close to an hour trying to get the jug over the rings... now I can do it in seconds using the way I mentioned.

Latest posts

Back