Hi-Ranger 5TD-45 need hydraulic line repair help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watchit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have an older 5TD-45 that's in pretty good condition. I recently hit some branches at the elbow where the lines are exposed somewhat and
one of the lines has a small pin hole leak. I bought a brass compression coupler for plastic tubing. It has the inserts. Will this work?

Also noticed that the thin plastic line is brittle and broken. Is this for the safety trigger on the controller. Owners before me must have bypassed this
somehow. Is it easy to pull a new one up the boom?

Where can I buy the new nylon lines?

Thanks for all your help and be safe.

I'm not a professional, but I'd like to give you my advice. The compression coupler doesn't fit because the threads are different. The connectors are not interchangeable. You can repair the broken line, but I suggest replacing it with a new one. If you are talking about the plastic fuel lines that run from the tank to the fuel pump, then repair is the only option.

I'm not a professional, but I'd like to give you my advice. The compression coupler doesn't fit because the threads are different. The connectors are not interchangeable. You can repair the broken line, but I suggest replacing it with a new one. If you are talking about the plastic fuel lines that run from the tank to the fuel pump, then repair is the only option.
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your input. I ordered a brass compression union for hi rangers. I will try it to get me by for a bit. It's a huge process to change out the lines. If anyone has done it let me know how it went. I did try a 1/4" brass compression union for regular plastic pipe and the inserts
would not push in as the hi ranger lines are thicker wall.

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your input. I ordered a brass compression union for hi rangers. I will try it to get me by for a bit. It's a huge process to change out the lines. If anyone has done it let me know how it went. I did try a 1/4" brass compression union for regular plastic pipe and the inserts
would not push in as the hi ranger lines are thicker wall.
Yeah mate , thats good

Latest posts

Back