hi ranger wont turn left or right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrousbaby

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well i know its a long shot to ask for help on a hi ranger but i was curious if anyone knew about this problem... When i first purchased this truck from kid kars it would work fine but would lock up when going left or right, he assured me it was rusted contacts and after working the boom left and right for a bit it started working great so i purchased the truck thought i got a great deal but now im suspecting the mileage has been turned back over 100k due to what the speedo says and the what the oil change stickers on the windows say.(but thats a whole other issue)

anyways i found that the hydrualic motor that turns the turntable has 2 wires running to it if i wiggle the post on the black wire it starts to work good for a minute or so. my question is does anyone know if these post can be replace or am i lookin at replacing the whole motor? cuz it doesnt look like fun it has 5 or 6 lines going to it. all this great weather in michigan has me swamped with work and i cant afford to have one truck down right now my hi ranger mechanic is not open till monday i was just hoping someone might have some insight on this before then?

I appreciate all the help i can get and thanks in advance!

-Matt

Latest posts

Back