Hickory, White and Red oak avaialble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone near enough to Daytona Beach want to pick up some logs and barter?

I have lots of trees and plenty of equpiment to haul and lift.

I have large oaks, Hickory, and some of the largest Magnoilia I have ever seen, as well as Basswood....

Im pretty easy to get along with, give me a pm here maybe and we'll start a dialogue.

Ideally, I'd not mind swapping cut lumber if you have a portable BSM. I have plenty of the right kind of heavy equipment to work with, for sure.

Again, If you're even slightly interested, give me a shout and we'll go from there.....

Reduce, re-use and recycle. Waste not, want not.

GeeVee

I generally have enough trees coming my way free to where I usually don't barter or buy logs, but in special cases like perhaps in yours with exceptional wood, I have done so. I would be interested in the magnolia. Too bad your a day and a half drive away.

good luck

I've done this before, eh?

Here's a link you can check out.

This first cabin great room is going to be finished soon- under $20 per square foot fiinshed, minus gas powered appliances to be purchased in the future.

Next up will be bedrooms attached via elevated walkways.

Which is why I have solicited logs for your use. I will dry-in the other rooms the same way, kiln dried Home Cheapo framing, HardiPanel exterior and Tin roofs, rough milled lumber from the Ranch interiors.

Clicky-clicky the thumbnail

[URL=http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/338657426aNYtkn] [/URL]

Thanks.

GeeVee

Last edited:
Thanks Woodshop

I absolutely understand Wooshop... Thanks for your quick response.

I figure, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I am not going to hold out for "free", but if I can get someone to respond, we can work something out.

Arrainge to come for Bike week in March, and I'll load a log onto your trailer next to your Road Glide.... Spread the word, maybe someone you know might be coming..... The Mag's are pretty I'm told, especially if you let them dry down on the hoof and then mill. (I'm told) Light soft woodwith a purple-y grain to them.

I had on tree go down with the rest- fourty four inches at the butt, 35' straight up without a limb on it...

Last edited:
Well, if you have plenty of equipment to lift and haul logs, bring them on up to Mi. and i'll saw them for you... :)

Rob

I use to live, eat and sleep motorcycles... I still have the bike, but my bike days are over!!

What's a few miles for a guy like you, "rich" with all that lumber just waiting to get out of those logs!!

Rob

Latest posts

Back