high efficiency OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktm250rider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on some of the new OWB that seem to be coming out? Ive found a couple, adobeboiler, wooddocter convertor and Freeheatmachine cross fire.
Its coming to that time to make a decision. I was thinking of a gasification type furnace placed in an outbuilding so that I could minimize the wood consumption and save a little labor. I like cutting wood, but I dont want to be tied to it since snowmobileing and dirtbiking is much more fun.
Ive got my wood supply for this winter (i hope) but Id like to get a new generation boiler to save a little cutting time.

Hopefully with fair season coming, theyll be some displays to see. Any thoughts.

Last edited:
There is a maine company, Black bear Boiler or furnace, they are also making a hybrid boiler. I am intrigued by the free heat machines. I almost bought one of them instead of my WoodMaster. But I still love my wood master. I burnt a little under 8 chord from october to beginning of june, heat and hot water in 1300 sq.ft home with heated garage.

puck

I believe the garn is a Gasification unit. There aren't many companies making gasification units. My co worker has one made by AHS and it is very efficient.

Latest posts

Back