High hopes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang! For that much money it needs to have a bar and chain at least. And maybe 25 years newer. And say 'Stihl' or 'Husky' on the cover.

About how much do people get for antique saws like this usually? Hunnerd bucks?

This line always kills me. If it runs great then why does it need a tune up? Probably just need a carburetor adjustment, right?:D

saw one for 50 last wk but the seller tried a scam. guy in the next booth ,pretended to be a customer and tried to up the money. i just grinned an said ok its yours. nothin wrong with a little cuttin up ,but that was too obvious.
i can go get one in good shape today for 75. ive passed on it .

Those things go on eBay in the $20-50 range. Not a bad saw, but it's the kind I'd only consider getting if I found one at the dump.

A saw on ebay that says "just needs a tune up" or "needs carb adjusted" or "needs to be adjusted for your area" really means that " I can't get this pirce of crap to run right so I'm selling it to you-good luck!"LOL

I have a C71 that runs great and is all there. Maybe I should contact this guy. It would have to be worth at least 200!!
He could try to sell it for what 250???? :D

Oh man, that Mac 47s really something. Hmm. Think he might want a mint condition Mac 250 for $600?

I just bought a Mac 3-25 (similar design, older version) off EPay for $5, and it looks a whole lot better than that one.

Sometimes wouldn't ya just love to hear what these guys are saying to themselves as nobody bids on their stuff?

Originally posted by eyolf
I just bought a Mac 3-25 (similar design, older version) off EPay for $5, and it looks a whole lot better than that one.

Sometimes wouldn't ya just love to hear what these guys are saying to themselves as nobody bids on their stuff?

"Those idiots don't know what they're looking at! Just wait until I find a real collector--that'll show em!"

Latest posts

Back