Hit the jackpot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K-techcowboy

K-techcowboy

N.A.O.T Racing
I just started my new job as a service technician at a local power equipment store and I was able to bs a little with a sales man that has bein there 25 years. The fist 15 he was also a tech and told me he has a horde of chainsaws including at least 3 044s and a couple 080s and a bunch of 028s just for starters. He's also got a bunch of old cutoff saws some he said are the same chassis as the 070. First things first im going to but my friends 610 evl cause I want to build a warm little twin cylinder.

K-techcowboy

K-techcowboy

N.A.O.T Racing
It will be interesting to see. I think he meant 076 and not 070
Oh ok yea ill be able to tell more once I get hands on them. I'm curious about the 044s he's got and what cranks they have and whats wrong with them for that matter. He said one thats an easy fit and a really nice saw just has a broken head bolt. It amazes me how many graveyard units we have that I know could easily be repaired. There's easily 50 plus walk behind mowers and not ****** one were talking like newer Hondas and commercial toros. Theres separate pile graveyards for each category, nicely organized. I was actually quite impressed with the cleanliness and organization of the shop when I got here. This is my work space. I'm still getting settled in and my box isn't there yet but its a sweet setup.

Attachments

• 20220316_124759.jpg
    20220316_124759.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
copen

copen

ArboristSite Member
I just started my new job as a service technician at a local power equipment store and I was able to bs a little with a sales man that has bein there 25 years. The fist 15 he was also a tech and told me he has a horde of chainsaws including at least 3 044s and a couple 080s and a bunch of 028s just for starters. He's also got a bunch of old cutoff saws some he said are the same chassis as the 070. First things first im going to but my friends 610 evl cause I want to build a warm little twin cylinder.
As long as you've got good folks to work with, should be a good job. đź‘Ť

Woodslasher

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
. AS Supporting Member.
Things that make a guy wonder how long the man worked on saws????? A broken "head bolt"...
On an 075 they have studs holding the cylinder on so for the guy to confuse a cylinder stud with a head bolt isn't too unreasonable, especially if he hasn't looked at the saws for a while.

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
On an 075 they have studs holding the cylinder on so for the guy to confuse a cylinder stud with a head bolt isn't too unreasonable, especially if he hasn't looked at the saws for a while.
Well you were talking about a 044 not a 075. The O75 has long studs that hold the cylinder/jug on not the head. Now a removable head that is a different animal. I got an alky Husky with that

Woodslasher

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
. AS Supporting Member.
Well you were talking about a 044 not a 075. The O75 has long studs that hold the cylinder/jug on not the head. Now a removable head that is a different animal. I got an alky Husky with that
My bad, I didn't notice he was talking about an 044 with a broken head bolt. I had recalled that he said that he had a bunch of old chop saws and something about a broken head bolt and I guess I just mashed the two together.

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
I am wanting to see the cutoff saws based on the 070 he mentioned. I am sure they will be 076/TS760 models. You may be on to something though with the 075 long studs
He may have been thinking of one of the cutoff saws

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Pretty easy for memories to fade and merge together. I was at a auction about 20 years ago and got to talking with an older gentleman. We got to talking saws and he said he had a big Stihl with a 5 foot bar that he wanted to sell. I was about 60 miles from home and did not have much cash on me. I ended up going home and running back. The good thing was he was 20 miles closer to me than the auction. I'm any event I ran back only to find a 036 with a 32" bar. Not quite the big Stihl with a 5 foot bar that he said but I bought it anyway.

Latest posts