HL carb pressure leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonrkba

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm assuming they should pressure test like all the other carburators I've worked on in the past? Mine is leaking. Everything looks good inside. Needle lever looks level. Any suggestions? It's on the Mac 1-70.

So where is it leaking from? The reason I ask is if it's coming from the throat it could be the needle, if it's the seams it could be you need to soak the gaskets.

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

What I've seen after soapy water is a little notch that's cut out of the metal piece between the pump and diaphragm leaking. Looking at the IPL it showes the needle and seat as a " matched set" maybe that is it?

The Chicom HL kits never worked for me so I only use original Tillotson kits. The HL needle and seat should have a small crush washer then the brass insert w/ the rubber seat inside the brass tube. You "can" use the old seat but if it has been worn down or set from yrs of sitting it could cause the leaking issue.

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

Im going to roll with the old needle and brass. It held good. Im ordering the muffler and some other parts for different projects on Friday. Once thats on I'm going to gas it up! Thank you everyone. Marine Piper if it gives me any grief I may take you up on the offer if you are ok with that.

Latest posts

Back