Homelite ¼” chains, XL2 performance vs Super 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDee

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Is it practical to shorten used loops of ¼” pitch chain, Homelite 25? Are pre-sets/tie plates available?

I just brought home an XL2 Auto with three ¼” chains and a worn-out 9-tooth 1/4” spur. This is the dual trigger model and it came with a very nice red rectangular box. And the original $1 booklet. I would like to install a ¼-10-inch bar if I can find one for it, but my chains have 77 drive links. So what size bar is that? Are there other good options for a very small bar?

I need to find the spark first, but the saw has good compression and the parts saw, a Super 2 10520A, came with a dual adjust carb, HDC 65?. It also has a 14” 3/8 bar and a worn-out 3/8 spur.

So I need a spur in any case, as well as a snap ring for the clutch. Can someone tell me the size and what is the best option there? The difficult-to-remove ear-less one is not going back on.

By the way, the Acres site shows the Super 2 (my parts saw) is 1.75 hp with 31cc and a much higher rpm the the XL2: 12,500 vs 7,000. This is almost 20 percent more displacement for about the same weight. Is there such a great performance difference between the two?

Thanks

Don

Is it practical to shorten used loops of ¼” pitch chain, Homelite 25? Are pre-sets/tie plates available?

I just brought home an XL2 Auto with three ¼” chains and a worn-out 9-tooth 1/4” spur. This is the dual trigger model and it came with a very nice red rectangular box. And the original $1 booklet. I would like to install a ¼-10-inch bar if I can find one for it, but my chains have 77 drive links. So what size bar is that? Are there other good options for a very small bar?

I need to find the spark first, but the saw has good compression and the parts saw, a Super 2 10520A, came with a dual adjust carb, HDC 65?. It also has a 14” 3/8 bar and a worn-out 3/8 spur.

So I need a spur in any case, as well as a snap ring for the clutch. Can someone tell me the size and what is the best option there? The difficult-to-remove ear-less one is not going back on.

By the way, the Acres site shows the Super 2 (my parts saw) is 1.75 hp with 31cc and a much higher rpm the the XL2: 12,500 vs 7,000. This is almost 20 percent more displacement for about the same weight. Is there such a great performance difference between the two?

Thanks

Don
I have XL-2 - 1/4 inch bars, chain and sprockets.
chainsawlady

Latest posts

Back