Homelite 150 auto. how much oil. how many ccs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kallaste

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a homelite 150 auto. what is the suggested mix ratio? Currently I run the same ratio that I run in my husky 455 rancher using husky oil. is this good or bad? Also what is the cc displacement of this saw? thanks

Steve.

operating rpm

I noticed the no load rpm seems low according to the mfg. My saw seems to operate at about this range. It seems to have fairly good torque but not much rpm. I thought it might be because the carb needed adjusted. I guess it isn't suppose to run a higher rpm like my 455 Rancher. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.................Steve

You might run a slightly higher oil ratio in the 150 if you wanted to be on the safe side. What you use in your husky, in my opinion should work fine though.

husqvarna oil?

I Have been using it but I was thinking about switching to something else. No particular reason. Thouth maybe a sythetic would ad extra protection, what does everyone think? Is husky oil any good or should i switch

kallaste said:
I Have been using it but I was thinking about switching to something else. No particular reason. Thouth maybe a sythetic would ad extra protection, what does everyone think? Is husky oil any good or should i switch

I mix everything about 40:1. I've run my 150 on that, although I don't use it much, but my Super XL has seen lots of use with it and runs as strong as it ever has.

I have the saw I learned on, so it has some sentimental value to me. I've always liked it. Decent power/torque and nice balance.

Mark

I too run 40:1, and I've run a lot of 150's on 40:1. I keep one container of mix and prolly run 10-15 different saws a day on it, but only for short periods and have never had a problem at that oil ratio.

Latest posts

Back