Homelite 2100 Super Parts Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I need two complete clutches for a Homelite 2100 Super. They need to be complete from the case out including the drum. I also need one clutch/bar cover. Hopefully somenoe has got some. Of course a parts saws are great also.

Bill

Hi Bill,
The Homelite 2100, 3100g,1050 ,1130g and others are hard on the clutch components. My 3100g needed shoes, spider and clutch cover. Got some parts off ebay and others from Bill W. or Wilson's saw shop. If you need a
list of dealers I could send it. A parts saw would be nice - especially if it had good clutch parts.

Ray

Bill,does this mean you tracked down the seller?If so,good for you.Oh yea,parts numbers.Here ya go.

Al,

Yes the saws did arrive. It is a long story that still is not over. I am honestly amazed and extremely grateful they actually showed up. They are both missing the clutches and one bar cover. I am very grateful you posted the IPL page, I dug through my binders last night and I could not find a IPL for the 2100. I believe I have about every Homelite saw IPL but last night I could not find one for the 2100. I know at one time I had a parts list for the 3100G so I would thing I would have the 2100 also but it has eluded me so far. I have started to scan some of them so they are easier to access. If you have a model you are looking for I will see if I have it but you probably already have them all.

Bill

Oz has a whole bunch of the parts lists in pdf,on his site,including the 2100.

Bill , I found that some of the 3100g parts numbers changed( were superceded). Not sure if you will run into this problem or not with the 2100.
There is supposed to be a superceded parts list that was put out in the 1980's - but I have only run across one. Which the guy would photocopy for
about 30 bucks plus shipping. So I didn't get it. Contacting Homelite was a
waste - they said they were not aware of the publication or were unwilling to help.
So I am still looking .
Ray

Ray,

I believe I have the superceded parts list as well as the NLA list and other parts lists. They can be quite lengthy but copying and shipping is cheap. The SPCL list is about 60 pages, the NLA list is about 30 pages, 1980 parts price list is 60 pages, and 1991 was 75 pages. I was interested in saw prices so I pulled out the 1991 price list. A new 1050 with a 32" bar was $904.99 and dealer cost was $723.99 on one unit. A large order of 12 units or more was much less. I bet the margin is not that great now. If you want a copy of the superceded cross reference list let me know. I will try to post a pic of the cover.

As for the parts for the 2100 I believe the 1050 and XP1020 both share the same clutch as well as other in the series. If anyone has some of these for parts let me know.

Bill

The clutch shoes on a 2100,are 3/4" wide,and the spider is a splined one,for the splined crank on the 2100.The 1050,uses 5/8" clutch shoes.I'm not sure,but I think the spider is keyed .Every time a set of 2100 shoes ,comes on e-bay,Randy Duncan buys them.

Well many months have passed and I am still looking for a Homelite 2100 clutches. I sure hope someone can find some.

Bill

I am still looking for the Homelite 2100S clutches. I would have thought I would have been able to locate them by now but no luck.

Bill

HomeDelight Man said:
Hello, New or Used? Jonathan

Jonathan,

Obviously new is best but as long as they are usable used is better than what I have now.

Thanks,
Bill

klickitatsacket said:
I have a parts clutch off of a 2100. the pads are gone and the shoes are groved and so is the drum. If someone wants it, make an offer that includes the shipping in this thread.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/klickitat/carb_0725.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/klickitat/carb_0719.jpg
Randy Duncan has the shoes.A little pricey though.I had the number for the Oregon 7 spline replacement drum,but have mis placed it.That guy in Maryland NY might have a few parts.I would say the spider would be the hardest part to find.Like a dummy I let 2 of them get by me on -bay,duh.Just speculating,but a person might be able to mount the whole mess on an arbor,clamp it together and turn,one half at a time,the grooves out of the shoes.Better still,expand the shoes and turn to the proper size.By Jove,I think I'm on to something,then again,I have a vivid imagination. :)

An after thought.If,and I say If the shoes could be salvaged there is probably enough meat left on the drum to turn it also.

Back