Homelite 3100G

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ken, here's the hard copy that DB took in Clearwater just before I pooped my pants. The saw wont shut off, but thats no big deal, Dennis can stuff a beer bottle in the venturi, so as to choke it to death. I will be sending a chain you built for me to do the 90 second tickle so I can kick some more butt.
John

Hey Ken,
It's funny how Gypo doesn't even know the difference between an 084 and an 088 as his picture is labeled. This isn't really suprising considering how much of a prettyboy he is.

HT-1 tillotson carb

Hello ricky,(066 Stihl)
On the ht-1 I open up the venturi on the lathe to .950 inches. You will go thru to the pocket that holds the fulcrum spring if you go any bigger. Then radius the choke side as in the photo. The name of the game is to increase the airflow as much as possible.
Airflow is horsepower
ken
[email protected]

Pretty little leroy

Hello Doug,
Yes little leroy is for sure a lady's man logger. I don't think he knows the difference between a 084 and a 088 stihl but it doesn't matter as long as he beats the other competitors at clearwater this year. but he better put some sand in uncle art's saws if he wants to win. lol
ken

sharpining chain

Hello John,
Just send me the chain and I'll run the file over it.Do you want me to use the triangle file, or the double bevel file, or the oberg file? I'll use the new and improved Sharps- Meticule method of chain filing to assure a razor sharp chain.
Ken

Homelite 3100 G with a 36" bar

Hey yall I been reading your posts on here and figured some of yall know a bit about these saws. I've had this thing in my family ever since i was a little kid and I'm 24 now. I'm looking at selling it. I really don't have a use for it at this point in my life (I'm sure it'll be something years down the road i'll be like hey i wish I had that) But it's also a tough financial time too so I'm debating about letting it go.

I threw it on Craigslist to see what offers I could get but I really would like more of an idea so I'm not being "robbed". I am going to try and start it up tomorrow, but I was told the last time it was started some years ago, it ran. The only thing missing is a fastener to hold on the top cover.

What do you all think is a fair asking price, working or not? Hope anyone can help.

By the way, to give you an idea of some of the offers people have given me were 150 and 200. Others want to know roughly what I want for it. So this is the only place I've found anything about the chainsaw. Thanks a bunch.
Misty

chainsawlady

Hi John,
Got the 3100g a couple weeks ago on ebay.Needed starter
pawls,pawl springs, pawl studs, a sprocket gear and chain.Bill Wolcott was able to fix me up.Opened up the gearbox and found a crack in the clutch spider and the clutch cover broken.Bill is
tracking down the cover.Saw needed a good cleaning,muffler
screen replacement and carbon deposit removal in muffler and
on exhaust port.The 36" bar with roller nose is in very good shape
but they were trying to run 1/2" .058 chain in a .063 bar.This
is only the fifth saw(and oldest) I have gone through.Just a
hobby-but it doesn't get much better!
Regards
Ray

If you are wanting the clutch cover that fits on the spider, I have one. The part number is58023. If interested, let me know.

Chainsawlady

If you are wanting the clutch cover that fits on the spider, I have one. The part number is58023. If interested, let me know.

Chainsawlady

Hi Chainsawlady. I found the part on ebay a little over 5 years ago. I did buy some parts from Mrs. Wilson (Wilson's saw shop) in Osgood,Indiana. Do you know her?

Homelite 2100-s

Hey I just picked up a Homelite 2100-s, and I am very interested in building a hotsaw out of it, does anyone know what the "-s" stands for? possibly straight gear ratio? idk, but I was thinking simple power, could I put a slide carb off a 125 or 80 2-stroke motorcycle? or would the elbow be to long and cause problems, also how much port work did u have to do to this saw, I would also assume I should at the least put some new rings and bottom end seals in it, can I still get such parts? any information would be great, thanks much

Hey I just picked up a Homelite 2100-s, and I am very interested in building a hotsaw out of it, does anyone know what the "-s" stands for? possibly straight gear ratio? idk, but I was thinking simple power, could I put a slide carb off a 125 or 80 2-stroke motorcycle? or would the elbow be to long and cause problems, also how much port work did u have to do to this saw, I would also assume I should at the least put some new rings and bottom end seals in it, can I still get such parts? any information would be great, thanks much

Well.............. You posed many questions.

First the 2100 is a direct drive. The 2100S was basically the 2nd model of the 2100. The 2100 next 2100S then S2100. The 2100S for the most part had the splined pto end on the crank and 2 thick piston rings.

As for building a hotsaw there is no doubt it can be done. Homedelightman (Jonathan) has one.

As for just slapping a different carb on it: well that just will not work. The tight 90 degree elbow will not even allow a HL334 to fit. You have to build a different manifold. The 2100 race saws that I have seen have a GEM V-12 intake.

Now having more than a few 2100 saws:) and just about as many GEM V12 intakes I can tell you that just slapping a V-12 intake on it is not easy either. There is a lot of work involved.

Bill

Hello, everyone. I have a Homelite 3100G chainsaw. This saw has a 54" bar and sports a 1/2 " pitch full chisel chain. This saw is 7.0 cubic inches around 114cc's. The "G" designation is the term "gear Driven" this saw has an 3:1 reduction gear case on it. Needless to say this saw is unstopable. I have found that any log under 36" diameter is a guppy, and a waste of time for this saw. After loggers had harvested a friend land they had left 3-6 foot high stumps everywhere. This one stump was a twin tree and about 4' at the base and about 6' high. This good old Homelite mowed right through it in one cut. The nose of the bar was close to being burried. Ths coolest thing was that the tree was sitting on to of the hungry bar for the last 1/3 of the cut. That didn't even effect the saw.
Jonathan Happy Sawing.

WooHoo! - hope it's coming to the next GTG.

Digging this one up from the beyond. Does anybody have the 2100 hot saw pictures Ken's talking about? His email address is no longer active.

Latest posts

Back