Homelite 330 carb adjustments.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaff113

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello does anyone know What the starting points are for the hi/lo adjustments on this saw?

Thanks Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello does anyone know What the starting points are for the hi/lo adjustments on this saw?

Thanks Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Book says for idle speed screw: one turn clockwise from when the screw barely touches the throttle stop.

Mixture needles - one turn counter clockwise from gently closed position.

Before you spend time on carb adjustments, check the intake boot. They are notorious for failing on that series of saw and can cause idle issues, etc. if the boot is good, see the above post.

Before you spend time on carb adjustments, check the intake boot. They are notorious for failing on that series of saw and can cause idle issues, etc. if the boot is good, see the above post.
Yup, when I bought mine I put gas down the carb to prime it and all it would do is go wide open. Tore it down and found the intake boot all crumbled. About an 8 dolla part.

-chimpboy

Almost every Homelite 330 you buy will need an intake boot change. Most people don't want to mess with changing them because you have to tear it all apart but once you've done a few it's not bad. If you see one in a flea market or yard sale it's about a 90% chance it will need a boot. At least that has been my experience.

It has been years since I have touched my 330 that I have had since new in about 1985. I suspect it probably needs the intake boot (at least) to get it to run again. Where do I get it?

Also recently picked up a 240. Doesn't seem to want to run well except by putting gas in the carb. Do they also have intake boot issues?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back