Homelite 340(Solo)anyone have information?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telliott

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've had a 340 for a long time. Never used it much (Long story) and it wound up sitting in a shed for way too many years. When I was able to get back to working around the farm, I looked for some info on it for parts, etc. in case I needed anything. Never could find any information on it, so I just bought one of the first Husky 55's instead of trying to get it running. So it sat for several more years.

After getting a couple of stihl's and reading about all the old and new saws here, I doug it out this afternoon, wipped the dirt off, put fuel in it and it fired up on the third pull! :biggrinbounce2: (Apparently I had enough sense to run the fuel out of it.) It seems to run great and it will look like new when I clean it up. Still has the original bar and chain.

So, what have I got here? I did find out that it was made by Solo but I don't know what model Solo it is. How well was this one made? any info appreciated.
TE

Any info appreciated.

Basically the same saw as a 654 SOLO.

I have two of those homelite 340's if you ever do need any parts.

Latest posts

Back