Homelite 360 is running!!!.........but dies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Finnally got my free homelite 360 put together,(thanks Ray benson and everyone else for all the help and info) IT started by putting gas in the carb but seems fuel starved. It pulls well in a cut for about 3 secounds than dies off. The fuel line seems soft and flexable. Should I get a new diaphram for the carb or a carb kit? thanks

MOE said:
Finnally got my free homelite 360 put together,(thanks Ray benson and everyone else for all the help and info) IT started by putting gas in the carb but seems fuel starved. It pulls well in a cut for about 3 secounds than dies off. The fuel line seems soft and flexable. Should I get a new diaphram for the carb or a carb kit? thanks

I had the same problem with a 360. Sstarted when it ingested the electrode off the sparkplug. New piston/rod cleared that up (no scratches in the jug). After reassembly it would run great no load but die in the cutjust like yours. I suspected plugged fuel filter on the pick-up. -Assumed- the dealer changed it, don't know. 2 trips to the dealer didn't fix it. Finally bought another saw. I will be following this thread to see what it are.

Harry K

I put a new boot in it, I will try blowing some air through the fuel line to see if it's plugged. I will probably put kit in the carb as it's sat around for 10+ years.

I often wondered in the case of mine. One step in the reassembly stresses not pinching the pulse line. I did the reassembly a couple of times after I had the problem and then took it to the dealer. After two trips with no cure I never went back to him to find out what he had found after I traded the saw to him for another one.

Harry K

Just got my 360 back from the shop. I had replaced the rotten rubber carb throat myself but could not get the carb adjusted correctly. They found the pluse vent hose (?) was also rotten and also replaced the rubber diaphram inside the carb. Now she runs better than new.

Latest posts

Back