Homelite 42cc hi/lo jet tool?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbarnhart17

The Noise Complaint Maker
Reaction score
What tool or what is the tool called that is used to change the hi/lo jets? I've never had a saw where it wasn't a flathead screw for the hi/low jets.

Attachments

• 16380049369646947996515185911845.jpg
    16380049369646947996515185911845.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
If you get the collection of tools, you need the "pacman" one, unique to Homelite I think. If you don't want the right tool, you can use a thin cutting wheel in a dremel tool to cut a slot in the head and use a regular blade screwdriver.

I'll definitely get the proper tool. I just didn't know what it was called or if it was a homelite only kind of thing.
If you get the collection of tools, you need the "pacman" one, unique to Homelite I think. If you don't want the right tool, you can use a thin cutting wheel in a dremel tool to cut a slot in the head and use a regular blade screwdriver.

Or as my Daddy used to say - "Always use the right tool for the job. And the right tool for the job is 'whatever works.'"

This is almost certainly the reason for the assortment of mystery tools one finds in old barns.

Back