• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Homelite chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dieselfitter

dieselfitter

ArboristSite Guru
This is a vintage Homelite Chainsaw that has been modified for performance. It has a custom made racing handle and sprocket cover.
You say cobbled, I say custom made. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
I can ship it for an additional $25(it will be properly packaged, trust me I know how to ship a chainsaw).
This saw in in with a lot of saw brought to me by my neighbor. He requested I sell them for him. He is retired and lost his home in the real estate fiasco. As you can gather, I'm not in this for the money. I'm just trying to help out a friend. Call me at work with any questions, Tim 651-429-9012.
View attachment 311681View attachment 311682

redheadwoodshed

redheadwoodshed

Freebird
$25 shipping in addition to what? Does this saw run, how's the compression, does the oiler work, does it have spark, exactly what model/models is this saw, do you really know how to ship a chainsaw?
Could you include that Homelite bar you have on that Mac 200 in the deal? Just saying, it might work a little better on this saw.

dieselfitter

dieselfitter

ArboristSite Guru
Redheadwoodshed, my apologies for the confusion on the price. Until yesterday, I had never posted an item in "trading post". During the posting process a price is entered. I assumed the price entered would be shown in the listing. I believe I posted a price of $10 for this chainsaw. I believe it is model XL12. it has marking to that effect near the recoil.
In response to your questions regarding the saws condition, I don't know if the saw will run, The compression is 154psi and it does have spark. I don't know if the oiler works.
This saws look like they have been sitting for many years. I have considered cleaning the carburetor, starting and running the saw but I don't believe that would increase the saws value enough to justify the time spent.
Specifically, what are your concerns regarding my ability to properly package and ship a chainsaw?

redheadwoodshed

redheadwoodshed

Freebird
Redheadwoodshed, my apologies for the confusion on the price. Until yesterday, I had never posted an item in "trading post". During the posting process a price is entered. I assumed the price entered would be shown in the listing. I believe I posted a price of $10 for this chainsaw. I believe it is model XL12. it has marking to that effect near the recoil.
In response to your questions regarding the saws condition, I don't know if the saw will run, The compression is 154psi and it does have spark. I don't know if the oiler works.
This saws look like they have been sitting for many years. I have considered cleaning the carburetor, starting and running the saw but I don't believe that would increase the saws value enough to justify the time spent.
Specifically, what are your concerns regarding my ability to properly package and ship a chainsaw?
I have no doubt you can ship a saw. I will buy this saw if its not already gone. I still wonder if you can include the bar shown on the Mac200. I don't think it fits that saw properly anyway. Is Paypal ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts