Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got a pic of this thing... Good comp.. And runs... Just leaks fuel everywhere... XL800...
Too bad too, cause it's pretty light for 82cc's...

attachment.php

I wonder what would happen if you used the material that they coat the inside of gas tanks with. It might seal.

I can only assume the case has been damaged, due to previous owner attempting to patch the front of the tank by smearing fiberglass all over it... So... It will be parts... This is not the big Homelite I want to restore.
I will reserve my all too little available time to a six cube...

Not sure what that means... But yes... I think... :msp_confused:

okay. for you, my shorthand-challenged friend, i will modify my previous request to more accurately reflect the fullest usage of the english language.

in your opinion, following the precept of "if no modified pixels are presented as evidence the referenced deed did not, in fact, occur", would it be possible to provide a series of modified pixels that would more-or-less accurately represent a facsimilie of the previously noted portion of the fuel tank wherein the former owner attempted to affect a repair using the apparently incorrect chemical formulation of fiberglass?

btw, still like that saw. hate to see you part it out. preciate it.

Last edited:
okay. for you, my shorthand-challenged friend, i will modify my previous request to more accurately reflect the fullest usage of the english language.

in your opinion, following the precept of "if no modified pixels are presented as evidence the referenced deed did not, in fact, occur", would it be possible to provide a series of modified pixels that would more-or-less accurately represent a facsimilie of the previously noted portion of the fuel tank wherein the former owner attempted to affect a repair using the apparently incorrect chemical formulation of fiberglass?

btw, still like that saw. hate to see you part it out. preciate it.

In that case, No... But I'll get a pic tonight...
:big_smile:

Good to know, as I have wondered about that.

C5's arn't really worth much effort in the long run as they are overweight for the displacement.

B.T.W. I still have the NOS XL-101 cylinder if you want to loose 4cc on that 103.

If it turns out I need to replace the cylinder I'll take you up on that. Wouldn't matter to me whether it's 53 or 57cc. I did notice in the IPL that they state XL-101 thru XL-104 models could have either sized crankcase (cylinder spigot bore) and that the larger crankcase needs to be ordered when ordering a replacement cylinder for saws that have the smaller bore cases. That means I'd have to measure my crankcase. I believe the jug on this saw is good however. I DO need a bumper spike for it though. Also, the XL104 I mentioned before will probably still be coming to me at some point. It may or may not have a good P/C.....

But then you guys wouldn't be able to pick over its carcass...:rock:

Just in case: Put me down for the clutch cover.

While we're picking over the XL800.......................I'd like to lay claim to the Piston/Cylinder/Rings (if they're good), the AF element (also if it's good), the handlebar, and the spike set. Would also be interested in the misc screws and such when you strip it down. Got Homeltite trading stock as well as some folded green paper to trade for them.:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm talking trading whole powerheads.

Darn vultures..............................................................................................

On another note; there is a ton of room to leave out the base gasket and cut another 1/16" off the bottom of the cylinder on a C5.

Been measuring stuff.

I wonder what would happen if you used the material that they coat the inside of gas tanks with. It might seal.

Are you sure it's not the gas line thats leaking? I have a Super XL that I thought the tank was bad. Line looked fine. Turns out that it had a tiny split in it. Replaced it and it never leaked again. Rare that the tanks go bad in those old saws. As long as their the metal/aluminum tanks.

Are you sure it's not the gas line thats leaking? I have a Super XL that I thought the tank was bad. Line looked fine. Turns out that it had a tiny split in it. Replaced it and it never leaked again. Rare that the tanks go bad in those old saws. As long as their the metal/aluminum tanks.

unless the white death got to em. happened on my C5. aaron helped me with a "new" tank.

I'm talking trading whole powerheads.

Darn vultures..............................................................................................

On another note; there is a ton of room to leave out the base gasket and cut another 1/16" off the bottom of the cylinder on a C5.

Been measuring stuff.

I'm tearing the 800 down this week... Clutch cover's yours and the cylinder/handle/bunch of other stuff is Aaron's... I got something else for Jerry... It's red, but it ain't a homie... Of course he'll have to come to the GTG to get it...:hmm3grin2orange:

unless the white death got to em. happened on my C5. aaron helped me with a "new" tank.

Well Jerry, I decided that I am going to retire my 254 Olympyc. It was my grandpa's saw and it means a lot to me. It runs flawlessly, but it would kill me to see anything bad happen to it. Probably gonna clean it up and stick it on the shelf for a wall hanger.

Dammit. Spoke too soon. While the saw starts, revs, and cuts well..................it's acting like it has bad crank seals. Chasing a tune on the L-side, and changes in idle speed when the saw is tilted. Back apart it goes. Does anyone here have the SK or CR part numbers for the 650/750 crank seals? I'd rather order some fresh seals from my local bearing house than mess with overpriced 30+ year old NOS seals on feebay.:msp_unsure:

photobucket-11238-1338787410973.jpg

Anybody?:msp_confused:

What's it worth?

I'm looking at a Homelite chainsaw, (mainly for the 40" bar, for my Poulan 7700). It's listed as a model 80, gear drive. Asking price is $250. I was wondering, if I got it and replaced the bar, could I get most of my money back by selling it. Supposedly runs good.

I'm looking at a Homelite chainsaw, (mainly for the 40" bar, for my Poulan 7700). It's listed as a model 80, gear drive. Asking price is $250. I was wondering, if I got it and replaced the bar, could I get most of my money back by selling it. Supposedly runs good.

That should be a Super Wiz 80. If it's a runner with a 40" B/C then it's worth $100-$200 depending on condition (that's my opinion anyways). Less if it's not a runner. That bar will NOT work on your 7700 Poulan however. It does have a 3/8" slot (and your Poulan is one of the later models in that series with the 3/8" rather than 5/16" studs), but the tail profile and oiler hole placement is wrong for your Poulan. A SW80 would have the large frame Homelite mount (Oregon F014), while you need an XL-series Homelite (or old Jonsered) mount bar (Oregon D096/D196, Windsor UXL/TXL, etc). I'll bet Ric (Sawbones) will have a long bar in the mount pattern you need. I have an NOS old style Oregon 28" sprocket nose .404 bar in that pattern that I might part with too....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back