Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should be a Super Wiz 80. If it's a runner with a 40" B/C then it's worth $100-$200 depending on condition (that's my opinion anyways). Less if it's not a runner. That bar will NOT work on your 7700 Poulan however. It does have a 3/8" slot (and your Poulan is one of the later models in that series with the 3/8" rather than 5/16" studs), but the tail profile and oiler hole placement is wrong for your Poulan. A SW80 would have the large frame Homelite mount (Oregon F014), while you need an XL-series Homelite (or old Jonsered) mount bar (Oregon D096/D196, Windsor UXL/TXL, etc). I'll bet Ric (Sawbones) will have a long bar in the mount pattern you need. I have an NOS old style Oregon 28" sprocket nose .404 bar in that pattern that I might part with too....

Just my luck! I think I already contacted Ric, but he only has a 28" bar, which I already have. Trying to find at least a 36"..............

a couple cans of oil followed me home today .
attachment.php

a couple cans of oil followed me home today .
attachment.php

Very cool! I have a couple of those that will never part. Sooo,should I run 16:1 or 50?

Another 8800 on the road this evening. These saws have marbles:hmm3grin2orange: Thanks Ale!

[video=youtube_share;y3C9MG7SqjM]http://youtu.be/y3C9MG7SqjM[/video]

Another Homelite followed me home yesterday.

photobucket-9013-1339312684071.jpg

photobucket-31576-1339312684579.jpg

Low use SXL-925 with a full wrap handlebar and a 28" Oregon sprocket tip. Here it is next to my Super E-Z Western. They make a nice pair with the full wrap handlebars. Some cleaning, a carb rebuild, and a new fuel line and it'll be in the working stable. Noticed that it has a governed Tillotson HS, so I'll be blocking off the governor circuit when I rebuild the carb.

Dammit. Spoke too soon. While the saw starts, revs, and cuts well..................it's acting like it has bad crank seals. Chasing a tune on the L-side, and changes in idle speed when the saw is tilted. Back apart it goes. Does anyone here have the National, SK, or CR part numbers for the 650/750 crank seals? I'd rather order some fresh seals from my local bearing house than mess with overpriced 30+ year old NOS seals on feebay.:msp_unsure:
photobucket-15227-1338787370831.jpg

Nobody has these numbers? I can't believe my only option for this saw is 30 year old NOS seals. I did a search on HOH and found a thread started by Chris B. in 2008 or so. I don't believe he found a match for the seals (he posted that he used NOS seals). I've gotta get this saw done soon. I'll buy NOS seals if I have to, but I'd much rather get fresh seals from a bearing house. Don't really want to pull the old seals 'til I have new ones in hand either...:msp_confused:

Nobody has these numbers? I can't believe my only option for this saw is 30 year old NOS seals. I did a search on HOH and found a thread started by Chris B. in 2008 or so. I don't believe he found a match for the seals (he posted that he used NOS seals). I've gotta get this saw done soon. I'll buy NOS seals if I have to, but I'd much rather get fresh seals from a bearing house. Don't really want to pull the old seals 'til I have new ones in hand either...:msp_confused:

Wish I could help, Did you ask Brad Snelling if he knew? not sure if he replaced his or not, I think he had a thread on it but can't be sure. Also might call Saw King in Oregon he would know, or at least sell you some originals.

Wish I could help, Did you ask Brad Snelling if he knew? not sure if he replaced his or not, I think he had a thread on it but can't be sure. Also might call Saw King in Oregon he would know, or at least sell you some originals.

I haven't asked Brad (or anyone else) individually yet. Will read Brad's 750 thread from in a few minutes. There are a few sellers on feebay (and at least one on HOH) who have NOS seals for sale. Joyce may too. Will ask her first if I end up going the NOS seal route.

I took a NOS set of seals to my local bearing house and they couldn't match anything up. Since I got ahold of a few new sets, I didn't give it much thought and never pursued the issue.

Sorry.

On a cheerier note, I have a big Homey enroute. Begins with 995 and ends with D. We'll see.

Chris B.

Anybody?:msp_confused:

I'll take the clutch. :D

Looking for bar source

Can you guys point me to a good source for a 16 or 18 inch bar and chain for a Super XL automatic? A quick search shows me that plenty of aftermarket are available, but can Homelite branded NOS bars be found for a small premium? I am not familiar with the homies as my tastes tend more to the yeller saws. The shorter Mac bars are still plentiful but my brief search shows the NOS homie bars may be a little more rare? This is my 81 year old Dad's saw and he still uses it but his bar is just flat worn out. If I can't find an original, I'll just have to settle for an aftermarket version.
Thanks much,
Jim

aaron - I've had a lot of luck just measuring the shaft and the seat of the seals and looking them up (now knowing the ID and OD). one can do this without pulling the seals.

another, sometimes easier, method is to get the # of the bearing and find the seal that goes with it from the bearing oem. but the seals have to be pulled to get to the bearing, of course.

Can you guys point me to a good source for a 16 or 18 inch bar and chain for a Super XL automatic? A quick search shows me that plenty of aftermarket are available, but can Homelite branded NOS bars be found for a small premium? I am not familiar with the homies as my tastes tend more to the yeller saws. The shorter Mac bars are still plentiful but my brief search shows the NOS homie bars may be a little more rare? This is my 81 year old Dad's saw and he still uses it but his bar is just flat worn out. If I can't find an original, I'll just have to settle for an aftermarket version.
Thanks much,
Jim

I am pretty sure that those bars show up on Ebay all the time.

BAR 16" FOR HOMELITE CHAINSAW 180 190 192 200 240 245 SUPER 2 XL XL2 LX30 | eBay

HOMELITE CHAIN SAW GUIDE BAR 16" RM05973 | eBay

38325 HOMELITE 16 INCH CHAINSAW BAR | eBay

There was a local CL add that said "Homelite Chainsaw $20". I almost didn't open it thinking it was a plastic fantastic. I'm glad I opened it.

IMG_6572.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

Hi all new to this thread but i have recently acquired this homie xl 903 and with a lil fuel and a lot of pulls SHE RUNS!!!
Now to find a decent bar n chain the bar (18'') it came with is shot.
There is a decent amount of carbon build up in the muffler and looks like a lil carbon smudging on the piston but has good compression. what is the best way to get rid of the carbon?
Also what size bar would be a good match for it i was thinking somewhere in the 24-32 range maybe a lil bigger if it can handle it but not exactly necessary
does anyone have any feed back on this particular model saw? Good? Bad? Things to look out for?
I also am in need of a ipl for it as i need a few parts to make it 100% again any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Cody McM

View attachment 241349View attachment 241350View attachment 241355View attachment 241360

Latest posts

Back