Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one day soon i will find someone to snatch the brand new 360 cylinder from me not to mention some air filters

$ 140.00 Buys the carb for the 360 the cylinder and a air filter and whoever takes that offer gets a Free Air filter with the offer

Will also throw in a air filter for a 150 and air filter cover for the 150 for free also

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the stock carb settings on the 360 are? Or have a manual for it.

The only problem with the above saw is I can't get it to stop spinning the chain on idle.

To get it back to stock I tried all the ways clockwise then backing it off 1 turn. Seemed too rich it kept dieing, I only had about 10 minutes of fiddling with the carb today, it was getting dark.

Got this for $15, new fuel and it runs perfect...

On Sat. I got the 150 and the XL2, plus a Mini Mac for $10!! Garage sale special!

360 for free!

Cleaned and rebuilt today, fired on the third pull, ran on the 5th.
The chain is unused but the bar is warped and bent.

Well not free but for $25 got a good runner needing no work with a good chain,a good spare chain,quart of bar oil,5 cans of premix,grease gun and a tub of grease..

You guys all got great deals on some nice saws.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

my best saw deal is my c52 cleaned out tank from bad mix replaced fuel lines sharpened chain starts in 2nd pull --Free wish I could post pictures of it

Well not free but for $25 got a good runner needing no work with a good chain,a good spare chain,quart of bar oil,5 cans of premix,grease gun and a tub of grease..

attachment.php

only ONE minor problem and that is how to put THIS into were it goes ??

attachment.php

I'm thinking a finish nail to drive on the pin then cut a hole in other side to get pin out far enough ?? then seal up the black plastic with what ? so it dont shrink and split ??

tnx..

if that's the tank line cut the end to a point and shove it into the hole if you have a pair of curved hemostats use them to help pull it threw if not just push and twist at the same time it is real simple I have one of those saws and had the same problem

The rear handle rubber is pretty easy to remove. Take the lower handle brace off first; 2 bolts underneath and one on the end of the handle. Push the rubber from the front so it compresses and expands. If you try to pull it, it will grip the metal handle, like those chinese handcuffs. Be carful of the locknut that's a loose fit inside the end of the handle so it doesn't fall out and get lost! (yes I've done this multiple times :monkey:).

Dan

The rear handle rubber is pretty easy to remove. Take the lower handle brace off first; 2 bolts underneath and one on the end of the handle. Push the rubber from the front so it compresses and expands. If you try to pull it, it will grip the metal handle, like those chinese handcuffs. Be carful of the locknut that's a loose fit inside the end of the handle so it doesn't fall out and get lost! (yes I've done this multiple times :monkey:).

Dan

With that suggestion i pushed the rubber back far enough to get to the pin and push it out and put the part in.
thank you.

I installed the new fuel line and filter on the $35 Super XL bow saw I picked up about a month ago. Got it to fire after several pulls, I plan to run it at our tractor show this weekend.

HomeliteSuperXLbow002.jpg

gunnarfan posted about his newly acquired 360 and when mentioning about racing, it brought up the thought of the "Tournament of Kings". Decided to try a bit of googling to see what may be out there. Well, didn't hit too much, but there are a few Popular Science and such artcles from the late 70s/ early 80s with some info. Here's one such article:

attachment.php

Was wondering if anyone here remembers seeing this on TV or even better, actually attending any of these event? Started dreaming how great it would be if video of these actually existed somewhere in the universe for some of these. If they were televised, it may be possible!

Dan

This is Sven Johnson's Saw and Bar, He used to race his saws
at these tournaments. He said at the end of the Tournament he
had a choice of a new free saw and he allways took home a 750.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is Sven Johnson's Saw and Bar, He used to race his saws
at these tournaments. He said at the end of the Tournament he
had a choice of a new free saw and he allways took home a 750.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the pics Cliff. I would love some free 750's. I just bought 2 stencils to do some bars here and almost bought that one. Next time I think I will

Homelite Sxlao and Xl2

Ok so i have a xl2 i just put in a new fuel line and filter, recoil spring, oil line and carb kit,and lastly a spark plug. after a few pulls it starts up and runs then after maybe a few seconds of running shuts off. I assume that this is a loss in fuel problem but when i went back through the carb it had gas in it. just a little lost, any thoughts? What's my next move?

now for the SXLAO. It starts, but like the XL2 it takes a few pulls and then starts with the choke on and trigger on( like it should). runs hard then quits almost like it's not getting gas, but it doesn't respond to tuning very well. i do need to go back through the carb that i rebuilt and replace the welch plugs, but i'm wondering if there is other parts i should pay attention to, what i've replaced so far, spark plug, carb kit, fuel line and filter.

Thanks ya'll. I appreciate. :cheers:

Ok so i have a xl2 i just put in a new fuel line and filter, recoil spring, oil line and carb kit,and lastly a spark plug. after a few pulls it starts up and runs then after maybe a few seconds of running shuts off. I assume that this is a loss in fuel problem but when i went back through the carb it had gas in it. just a little lost, any thoughts? What's my next move?

now for the SXLAO. It starts, but like the XL2 it takes a few pulls and then starts with the choke on and trigger on( like it should). runs hard then quits almost like it's not getting gas, but it doesn't respond to tuning very well. i do need to go back through the carb that i rebuilt and replace the welch plugs, but i'm wondering if there is other parts i should pay attention to, what i've replaced so far, spark plug, carb kit, fuel line and filter.

Thanks ya'll. I appreciate. :cheers:
I wonder if the carb hasn't got a little dirt in it somewhere. I know that some of the carb makers, Zama for one, don't recommend dipping them in carb cleaner but using spray cleaner instead. But sometimes I dip them anyway. Of course you'd have to take it all apart again. Do you have the High and Low screws adjusted the right amount of turns initially? I think I set mine at about 1 1/2 turns. Before someone corrects me, I know the XL12 doesn't have a Zama on it, just pointing out what they recommend. Also, check the reed valves, I've found two bad ones this year working on these, they are old saws and the reeds flex and can wear out. Also check the little hole in the carb mounting gasket to make sure it isn't plugged up.

Last edited:
I wonder if the carb hasn't got a little dirt in it somewhere. I know that some of the carb makers, Zama for one, don't recommend dipping them in carb cleaner but using spray cleaner instead. But sometimes I dip them anyway. Of course you'd have to take it all apart again. Do you have the High and Low screws adjusted the right amount of turns initially? I think I set mine at about 1 1/2 turns. Before someone corrects me, I know the XL12 doesn't have a Zama on it, just pointing out what they recommend. Also, check the reed valves, I've found two bad ones this year working on these, they are old saws and the reeds flex and can wear out. Also check the little hole in the carb mounting gasket to make sure it isn't plugged up.

A few of the very late XL12 and SXL Homelites did have Zamas. Tillotson HS for the first dozen or so years, then the Walbro SDC (often marked "Homelite SDC") for the next 15+ years or so, then the Zamas for the last bit (production ended in 1994 IIRC).

I can see why Zama doesn't recomend dipping their carbs. Many of their carbs have non-removeable plastic check valve pieces inside, and several of their carbs have plastic metering and/or pump section housings. My Mac 110 Zama was like that......and I left it in the 'dip' a bit too long...:chainsaw:

Hey you Homlite guys and especially you 900 series owners, did you guys see the thread I started on the carb troubles on my SXL-925?

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=148412

If not check it out and add your comments to the problem and tell me if anyone else has had any troubles like mine.

I also just posted a Homelite document that was sent to me from Chainsawlady that you guys might be interested in.

Latest posts

Back