Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

That's the first 750 I've noticed that appears is stock with the fully enclosed style of muffler cover that came on the 650s. Does it look original Fraser? Nice saw btw.

That's the first 750 I've noticed that appears is stock with the fully enclosed style of muffler cover that came on the 650s. Does it look original Fraser? Nice saw btw.

When i got all 4 of my Super 650 and 750's they all had the same type of muffler and guard what i see missing is the lower handle brace

McBob

Well I'll be.... never noticed before that part was updated. Thanks for pointing this out.

Dan

Use the points coil with a Nova module.

I would do that if this was a high dollar saw but I really don't want to get hardly any money in this saw. I think a running EZ doesn't bring much more than 50 dollars on ebay. I'm working on the Super 2 right now..I had to put it in an XL case since the Super 2 was so banged up.
I'd thought about using a Nova but the saw is so compact I don't know if there's room for it.

Last edited:

bone stock w/ a 42" just needs a boot and a clean. low hr saw.

bone stock w/ a 42" just needs a boot and a clean. low hr saw.

I know from my walbro book that the early 750 came with the bigger wb carb, not the wb2, but wb4? If I remember right. I'm curious to see if yours has it. With that muffler cover, yours has to be early. Very cool.

New old Homie

I picked up another Super Mini yesterday, along with a Stihl 031. This is my first Stihl since catching CAD. I haven't spent much time with the SM yet but I really like these little saws. They certainly have some snot for their size. Bought for the price of one bog standard chain.

The stihl blows 155 and is pretty complete except for the chain brake components which I'm sure are NLA. Piston looks great, it's hard to see much of the cylinder through the exhaust port on these. It may have a cracked crankcase/oil tank. There is certainly something unusual around that front corner of the case.

As soon as I get my butt in gear I'll put up photos of my Homie crew.

Regards,

Lee:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I know from my walbro book that the early 750 came with the bigger wb carb, not the wb2, but wb4? If I remember right. I'm curious to see if yours has it. With that muffler cover, yours has to be early. Very cool.

That's interesting. All the 750's I've handled and worked on have had the 'open front' muffler cover and WB2 carburetor.

I may get to run this saw again soon. The owner will bring it when we go cut up a BIG oak near here. He has a 48" Cannon sprocket nose on it now (that's my 33" Windsor on the saw in this picture). I'll get pics and hopefully some video. Will be sometime in the next few weeks...

Last edited:
Staying in the theme of all things Homelite heres my collection

2 x Super 650's and 2 x 750's

McBob.

Plus a Homelite Beanie and of cause the Homelite Tournament of Kings Patch

Last edited:
Of all my 650's and 750's non of the 750's
have the early version of the muffler guard.
But all of my 650's which two are supers
have the early guard. Could this be a 650,
750 thingy where 650's had them and 750's
didn't. Also have two nos early guards.

Lee

Of all my 650's and 750's non of the 750's
have the early version of the muffler guard.
But all of my 650's which two are supers
have the early guard. Could this be a 650,
750 thingy where 650's had them and 750's
didn't. Also have two nos early guards.

Lee

Lee i have a NOS muffler guard that bought some time back for my 2nd 650 and have yet to fit and is complete

I also have a new muffler for my 2nd 750

A lot i see are busted off around the lower and front edge

McBob.

Last edited:
Lee i have a NOS muffler guard that bought some time back for my 2nd 650 and have yet to fit and is complete

A lot i see are busted off around the lower and front edge

McBob.

I've seen a few broken in the same area as well. Thats
why i stocked up on a few nos guards. Got the two early
ones and a few later ones. Not for sale guys.

Lee

My new little Homie

This is my Super Mini. Great looking P&C after I managed to get the somewhat rusty muffler cap off. This muffler is different from mu others with that cover over the slots. This saw is covered in baked on sawdust. This little sucker blows 170psi. Here are some photos not cleaned up yet - Enjoy

This is my Super Mini. Great looking P&C after I managed to get the somewhat rusty muffler cap off. This muffler is different from mu others with that cover over the slots. This saw is covered in baked on sawdust. This little sucker blows 170psi. Here are some photos not cleaned up yet - Enjoy

Never seen one of them little guys.
Must be another variation of the Super EZ's
Kool little saw.

Lee

Back