Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homelitejim

homelitejim

Full of Scrap
saw I.D.

anyone know what model this is. I can't match up the paint to anything I know.:confused: I am picking it up in the morning.
attachment.php

View attachment 291984

XL 100 series probably 103-123

1982dancbx

1982dancbx

ArboristSite Lurker
I have a handful of the bigger Homelites, a 923 being one of them- I agree get that thing throwin some chips, it chews.

aaaaaand with compression release, that 923 is easy to start;) I have xl850, without comp. rel. similar size saw.... its pretty good at teaching you how hard to hold the saw and recoil grip:yoyo:

fossil
They look darn sharp in yellow/black, but I'm partial to the blue and white:

100_2134.jpg

100_2133.jpg

I think the blue and white colour (spelled in Canadian for you guys) scheme makes them one of the sharpest looking saws ever made.
I do have a lot of stuff in my tackle box that looks like it came from Pole_an (don't know if I can get used to that)

fossil
220 miles and $24 worth of gas.....yee haa...hit the Homelite trifecta...
all good runners with air filters intact....the C-72 started on the 3rd pull the little one is a super XL12 and the one I couldn't figure out is another 923 complete with decomp. and a chrome muffler! the leather scabbard and scrench holder is just a bonus.

The guy also had a David Bradley gear drive that he got from the original owner....it looked to be in ready to use condition with a sharp chain. He said the old farmer that he got it from kept all his equipment in perfect shape. I am trying to resist those old saws but that one is rather cool.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 292095View attachment 292096View attachment 292097View attachment 292098

Nice score

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Bet you don't find them that nice on Ebay..........:msp_smile:......Bob

Not unless the saw was bought back in the spring of '07 from a seller who's in the McKenzie River area....eh Bob?
:cheers:

Also, I thought you'd like to know that the C-5 parts saw you sent me a few months after that has helped at least a half dozen guys here over the years.:msp_thumbsup:

67L36Driver
Not unless the saw was bought back in the spring of '07 from a seller who's in the McKenzie River area....eh Bob?

Also, I thought you'd like to know that the C-5 parts saw you sent me a few months after that has helped at least a half dozen guys here over the years.:msp_thumbsup:

Most likely I bein' one of 'em............................................................................:msp_biggrin:

tomdcoker

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Homelite XP 1000

A customer brought in a Homelite Xp 1000 today that he wants running. It has 150 pounds compression and good fire so getting it to run is no great problem except the rewind only catchs about one in ten times.
I removed the cover and it was a new world for me. I have never seen a rewind like this one before. The bearings were pretty much covered in grease. I thought maybe using a degreaser to clean the old grease and apply a light coat of grease would work. Any help would be appreciated. Tom

8433jeff

8433jeff

Aftermarket connoisseur

Most likely I bein' one of 'em............................................................................:msp_biggrin:

I also resemble one of them peoples.

1982dancbx

1982dancbx

ArboristSite Lurker
A customer brought in a Homelite Xp 1000 today that he wants running. It has 150 pounds compression and good fire so getting it to run is no great problem except the rewind only catchs about one in ten times.
I removed the cover and it was a new world for me. I have never seen a rewind like this one before. The bearings were pretty much covered in grease. I thought maybe using a degreaser to clean the old grease and apply a light coat of grease would work. Any help would be appreciated. Tom

from what I read elsewhere.... degrease and keep it that way....clean and dry

Latest posts