Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why buy 30 homelites when you can buy 1 stihl or 1 husky
if you don't already know you either haven't cut with any of these old saws or you just don't appreciate old style quality/craftsmanship. i figure the fewer you buy the more available for others like me. either way - good on ya.

Why buy 30 homelites when you can buy 1 stihl or 1 husky
Variety is the spice of life!

I like old homelites but for me, since they don't get ran that much, I do not trust them alone in the woods therefore my modern saws go too. I like cutting with them but my hands n wrists really feel better when I run a modern spring AV saw all day!

Ye ole 1050 and Sxl just kill me after about 10 min!

the only saw I have that I haven't had to f with out of what I own is a 35sl I paid $20. for View attachment 322090
Have to say that you are a spendthrift! I only paid $10.00 for mine, but I am having to f with it some! And I have to say that yours looks a little nicer than mine. I must compare the chain brakes, the paddle on yours is certainly different to the one on mine. Photo of mine tomorrow.

Lee

Have to say that you are a spendthrift! I only paid $10.00 for mine, but I am having to f with it some! And I have to say that yours looks a little nicer than mine. I must compare the chain brakes, the paddle on yours is certainly different to the one on mine. Photo of mine tomorrow.

Lee
it is my most unappreciated saw... spend alotta time & a little $ on some... this starts, cuts, whenever, like a jap bike, put gas, oil, ride it... yep, had a few tonite, jus tryin to show some appreciation...

it is my most unappreciated saw... spend alotta time & a little $ on some... this starts, cuts, whenever, like a jap bike, put gas, oil, ride it... yep, had a few tonite, jus tryin to show some appreciation...
My 35sl needed an intake boot, new lines and carb rebuild. I got all the bits from one source which saved a lot in shipping even included a new plug. My ongoing problem is that it will start but doesn't seem to want to idle. It even dies while trying to keep it revved up. At the moment I just haven't had the time to spend fettling. My chain brake needs either a new band or spring as it has to move a long way forward before it engages. It also is the earlier thick steel rod loop rather than a paddle.

I really dont know and was hoping one of you guys would. The part number listed Im looking for is a 58308-A and all I can find available is the -B.

B superceded A and was some change by Homelite and they would be interchangeable. If you are buying these seals consider getting brand new ones that are the same size instead of the NOS Homelite seals. SKF 6119 or National 253747. If the NOS ones have been stored poorly they may be done already.

Last edited:
B superceded A and was some change by Homelite and they would be interchangeable. If you are buying these seals consider getting brand new ones that are the same size instead of the NOS Homelite seals. SKF 6119 or National 253747. If the NOS ones have been stored poorly they may be done already.

Crap that reminds me to check out that SXL-AO carcass that I just stripped down. Need to measure the PTO side crank snout and seal bore to verify that the 56308 seal can indeed be replaced with a 6119/6120/253747 (which DO replace the 12282A seal on the FW side). It'll happen today. Gotta sneak out to the shop for a bit. First time I've done anything in there in close to a month......

Any ideas on how long the in-tank fuel line should be for a A series Wiz? The PO decided to replace the line with a 3" piece of vinyl tubing without the filter and it is rock hard and pointing at the the top of the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back