Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HomeliteAirFilterGasketPicture.jpg

My SLXA doesn't have the "air filter cover gasket" 11 as shown in the above picture. The Homelite Shop Service Manual 3rd edition says it's supposed to be glued to the air filter box. The only IPL I've gotten hold of does not show this gasket.

Is my saw supposed to have this gasket? Or is the gasket now incorporated into the filter element?

My SLXA doesn't have the "air filter cover gasket" 11 as shown in the above picture. The Homelite Shop Service Manual 3rd edition says it's supposed to be glued to the air filter box. The only IPL I've gotten hold of does not show this gasket.

Is my saw supposed to have this gasket? Or is the gasket now incorporated into the filter element?

It's now incorporated into the filter. The OLD filters didn't have the rubber gasket edge. XL12-family saw filters been produced with the rubber gasket incorporated into them for decades now. They're still in production, and are quite common and available.

Last edited:
HomeliteAirFilterGasketPicture.jpg

I'm just curious is your original filter white in color ?

lawnmowertech37 said:
I'm just curious is your original filter white in color ?
When I got the saw the original filter and blue filter cover was missing. It looks like the original owner went to replace the decayed fuel line, gave up, and lost the air filter parts. There was no gasket glued to the air filter box.

I was able to find a good used filter and black air filter cover locally. After cleaning it is more of a brown color, but I can't tell if the brown is normal or staining from the oily sawdust I had to wash off of it.

Anybody got a use for a Homelite XL in non running condition. I really don't, if you could use it send me a PM, could be a freebie for you.

I could use a Homelite, but would like a beefier one

CT

Anybody got a use for a Homelite XL in non running condition. I really don't, if you could use it send me a PM, could be a freebie for you.

CT

Just went out and checked on it, 170lbs of compression and dumped some gas in the cylinder and it fired right up
fuel lines are probably shot.

CT

Homie sxlao

Hi, Homelite fans,
Ive got this red super XL, handed to me, with a " can you make it run ?"
It looks good and clean, very good comp, it'l run with a shot.
So I poke around the carb, and tug on the fuel line to check for cracks, and the line just pulls out of the tank... Quite easily. The end of the line that pulled out has a taper to it.
So my question is, is this a male/ female kind of connection? and do I have to disassemble the two piece tank to fix it???
BTW I tried several times to force the fuel back in where it came, but it just wont stay.
I'm not much of a fan of the Homie, but this seem like to good of a saw to part out or, in this case, just sit in the corner, forever.
Your help is appreciated.

Hi, Homelite fans,
Ive got this red super XL, handed to me, with a " can you make it run ?"
It looks good and clean, very good comp, it'l run with a shot.
So I poke around the carb, and tug on the fuel line to check for cracks, and the line just pulls out of the tank... Quite easily. The end of the line that pulled out has a taper to it.
So my question is, is this a male/ female kind of connection? and do I have to disassemble the two piece tank to fix it???
BTW I tried several times to force the fuel back in where it came, but it just wont stay.
I'm not much of a fan of the Homie, but this seem like to good of a saw to part out or, in this case, just sit in the corner, forever.
Your help is appreciated.

That's a one piece molded line that goes from the carb, through the hole in the carb box, through the hole in the tank, and down to the bottom of the tank where a 'standard' clunk type fuel filter plugs into it. The 'tapered' portion is where a 'fat' section of the molded line sealed its outer diameter against the hole in the tank, then the line tapered down to its thinner OD for the rest of the run down to the bottom of the tank.

The line must've broken right where it tapered down. Happens often once the line has degraded. New molded lines are often available from site sponsors here (CM Small Engines and Edge and Engine) as well as fleabay. They're good saws. Get a new line and fix it, or sell the saw whole. Don't part it out...

hey Ecc thanks, I'm glad there's a simple solution. I haven't worked on the homelites much. All the small mount macs ( like 10-XX series) use a similar fuel line. Ive Seen calvin's sig, Ill be contacting him in the AM.
Thanks again.:cheers::

CT

you still have this saw? PM sent

Anyone have a good 1020, 1050, or 1130 piston?

I could use one of those too. Probably also a good used or NOS cylinder as well. XP1000/1020/1050/1100/1130G. Was going to try one of the "Greek" 1050 pistons on feebay, but he's out of 'em. I'd like to get this saw together soon. It has work to do...

While we're at it................going to need a piston for a Homelite 900D soon too. I'd wager a piston for a 900D/G, 909D/G, 990D/G, or 995D/G would work. Might also need a cylinder for that saw. Hope not...

While we're at it................going to need a piston for a Homelite 900D soon too. I'd wager a piston for a 900D/G, 909D/G, 990D/G, or 995D/G would work. Might also need a cylinder for that saw. Hope not...

Hi,

The Homelite Part No. for the piston you are chasing is: A-57090. This is confirmed as the same piston assy for the 900G/D and 909G/D saws. I will need to check my IPL's to see if it is the same number for the later series saws - 990G/D etc.

Best of luck finding a replacement.

Chris.

Back