Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, shoot. It sounded good on my end. Back to the drawing board. I don't want to put up the whole thing since you see me tripping over a twig (or beer bottle, not sure) and generally looking stoopid.

Anyway, here's one to keep Randy away. Super nice bar from Joyce.

Chris B.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That's awesome 129cc :cheers:, it says "one man operation" on the catalog sheet but I probably can't even lift one of those...:chainsaw:

It's only 29 lbs, powerhead only. Remember, it has a Gilmer belt reduction to keep the weight down.

Chris B.

attachment.php

In action:
attachment.php

A video:
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NKOL8NrOL3E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NKOL8NrOL3E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

It's sort of like someone took a riding lawnmower engine and attached to a saw blade! :cheers:

It's sort of like someone took a riding lawnmower engine and attached to a saw blade! :cheers:

Actually, you may not be far off. Homelite started out making generators and pumps, so it's more than likely these engines made their way, in some form, to the new chainsaws.

Chris B.

The guts of the 7-29. The crankshaft is just over 11" long.
attachment.php

The rotary valve:
attachment.php

I'm close to talkin' the old guy out of it, it has a nice 8-29 bolted on it. Those belt drives are pretty thick here, finding one in good shape is rare enough.

Does that mean I should expect to see that bar and chain at my doorstep just as soon as you close the deal?

In all seriousness, if you ever do run across another long bar for this saw, send it my way.

Chris B.

Does that mean I should expect to see that bar and chain at my doorstep just as soon as you close the deal?

In all seriousness, if you ever do run across another long bar for this saw, send it my way.

Chris B.

Well, because you look like an old time bucker, I'll bump you to the top of the list.
I don't have a real high interest in the belt drives, I have had several, including the big ones and I pass them on to those who want them. I'm keeping one, a decent 5-30N, needs a muffler.

Back