Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, I assume you're talking about after splitting tank? In place of a gasket? How's it compare to Motoseal?

So far just used Motoseal on crankcase halves.

The XP1020 fuel tank has been sealed for about 7 years and a Super XL fuel tank for about 5 years using anaerobic sealant with no leaks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know it may not be the best place to post, but it's definitely got the attention of the right guys. By chance, would someone have a spare xl12 clutch cover they'd sell me? I don't have any frozen heads or parts machines, and I want to put my bow on one of my XL's. I don't want to cut up one of my clutch covers if I could avoid it.

I know it may not be the best place to post, but it's definitely got the attention of the right guys. By chance, would someone have a spare xl12 clutch cover they'd sell me? I don't have any frozen heads or parts machines, and I want to put my bow on one of my XL's. I don't want to cut up one of my clutch covers if I could avoid it.

Put a clearing bow on it and you can use the regular clutch cover.

XL-800 or XL-925 caution!

I just last week install a new pickup hose and filter from Ebay seller Ilrdbrn. http://www.ebay.com/itm/140900045538?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Client who bought the saw called up complained it died and wouldn't run on its side. Later found the fuel hose had split on the filter end.

Fuel line must be really old or cheap ****.

View attachment 367526 So, lets be careful out there.

Sent this note to the seller and got his reply back.

"I think you should want to know we had a problem with the fuel pickup line. Hose split on the filter end. My client was upset with my saw. Be good idea to check your remaining stock."

His reply: "these are original homelite fuel lines, will check stock, these are fresh fuel lines from homelite that are not over 3 months oldthankd for letting me know"

My new to me 650.

It's wearing a 42" (46" overall length) bar. The .404 chain needs to be replaced.

The seller's Dad was there when i picked it up and we had a good chat. He bought the saw when they started to cut down all the dead Elms and for cutting some large Oaks up for firewood. He said it was Homelite's largest saw at the time.

He started with an old IEL two man saw and moved to Mac's and then Homelite XL-902AM's with 30" bars.

I got the owner's manual with it as well.

I still have to go through the saw but it does run.

My new to me 650.

It's wearing a 42" (46" overall length) bar. The .404 chain needs to be replaced.

The seller's Dad was there when i picked it up and we had a good chat. He bought the saw when they started to cut down all the dead Elms and for cutting some large Oaks up for firewood. He said it was Homelite's largest saw at the time.

He started with an old IEL two man saw and moved to Mac's and then Homelite XL-902AM's with 30" bars.

I got the owner's manual with it as well.

I still have to go through the saw but it does run.

Nice Dawgz!

Those are the standard west (coast?) spikes I believe. The saw always looked small in the pics I've seen. It's not small.
I'm just going through it now. The carb is a Walbro WB. It's very large.
The seller gave me more than enough new Oregon chain for it to make a loop.
The only issues I've found so far is the outer bar plate (bottom chewed off), a Tygon impulse line, a bent chain tension screw and a leaky duckbill in the fuel cap. Starter, P&C, muffler and handlebars and air filter all look great as does the case.

You need to stop by next time you're near and run it.

Can anyone help me with info on this . I am not even sure of the year IMG_2999.JPG IMG_3000.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3001.JPG
    IMG_3001.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3001.JPG
    IMG_3001.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3003.JPG
    IMG_3003.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 22
Can anyone help me with info on this . I am not even sure of the year View attachment 368958 View attachment 368959

Not sure of the year. The engine is a 11.5 cu. in. (188.45 cc) Model 24 two stroke.

I pondered buying a similar one last month but It was missing the governor linkage which I figured would be pretty hard to find plus it was so darn heavy.

Knowing your history, it will probably look factory new or better when you're done with it. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another old Homelite for anyone interested, ad says 7-19 model.

http://bemidji.craigslist.org/tls/4667895483.html

- $60

00v0v_4LxZGTUTsMc_600x450.jpg

Latest posts

Back