Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the new plug doesn't give you a good blue spark, make sure the points contacts are free of oil and very clean and check your contact of the plug wire from the coil to the plug.
The wire should unscrew from the coil. There is a screw barb in the coil that the wire screws onto. Sometimes it helps of you unscrew the wire and trim a 1/4" off and screw it back on. Seal with a bit of silicone.

The recently acquired c-7 now has a good blue spark at the new sparkplug. Disassembled the carb and it looks like someone had cleaned it. So moved on to the oiler and you guessed it would not pump any oil. It sure looks well hidden behind the gas tank. What do I need to disassemble to work on the oil pump.

I'm guessing your saw has the add on auto oiler. I've found in both manual and auto oilers the pumps have not been the issue.

Make sure your pick ups in the oil tank are in good shape and clean the whole system out. Cracked and broken rubber oil lines are common. Crap tends to plug these systems and check valves up over time. Any bad gaskets can lead to air leaks which will stop oil from flowing as will any plugged passages. I don't think there are any external oil lines but if there are. looked for crushed fittings that allow air to enter the system. The auto pumps come apart easily for cleaning.
I think you'll find that when you get them working properly, both systems pump out way more than adequate amounts of oil.

Fossil Thanks for the quick reply. I do not think this saw has the auto oiler feature added. The only exposed part of the oiler is the pump rod that is in the carburator box. I'm trying to figure out how to access this oiler to check out the whole system.

Fossil Thanks for the quick reply. I do not think this saw has the auto oiler feature added. The only exposed part of the oiler is the pump rod that is in the carburator box. I'm trying to figure out how to access this oiler to check out the whole system.

Remove the fuel tank. Four screws and the oil tank is exposed.

There are two ball check valves that make it work. Behind brass plugs. Most likely dirt or stuck balls.

I hate it when my balls get stuck.[emoji15]

Hay guys got a homelite super xl auto it wants to fire up but something is stopping it do you guys know how much a piston ring set is and does it hurt to boil a carb to clean it

Hay guys got a homelite super xl auto it wants to fire up but something is stopping it do you guys know how much a piston ring set is and does it hurt to boil a carb to clean it
image.jpg Wife just scored me this SXL piston for $40!!!
NOS for the price of LITTLE RED BARN !
Can I get MORE PLEASE?!?

View attachment 414125 Just finished this port and polish on my XL12, it's getting a NOS piston and rings I paid $85 for!
Could you get me some more pics of the port job I'm a Newby at porting and I have a xl-12 that I'm pretty much restoring so I have the cylinder and everything off also have a super ez auto I'm looking for a piston and cylinder for so I might want to do so porting on it also once or if I find the set. I found a set on fleebay awhile back for 55$ NOS but I didn't jump on it quick enough

Back