Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the diaphragm arrived, exact part number you guys advised. It does NOT have a recess for the lever. :(

14800013_1106273069440463_36654053_o.jpg agfawf.png

Does anyone have a photo of the correct diaphragm or have the correct diaphragm?

I think I got it figures out probably gonna buy a 24 inch 81dl from bailey's. Here is a pic of bar and chain

Attachments

• 20161020_112610.jpg
    20161020_112610.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 12
I think I got it figures out probably gonna buy a 24 inch 81dl from bailey's. Here is a pic of bar and chain.

Attachments

• 20161020_121650.jpg
    20161020_121650.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 12
So the diaphragm arrived, exact part number you guys advised. It does NOT have a recess for the lever. :(

View attachment 532399 View attachment 532401

Does anyone have a photo of the correct diaphragm or have the correct diaphragm?

You might start dropping the metering lever height a bit at a time to try and stop the flooding.

Did you check to make sure the circuit plate is not leaking? New gasket?

View attachment 532399 View attachment 532401

It is strange in the service manual that the diagrams show the diaphragm that inserts into the lever. All of the metering levers (forked) are a common part number amongst the WJ/SDC/WS etc carbs. But, that diaphragm you have is common across certain models within each series. The don't "seem" like they should be compatible. That is, a forked lever with a non-inserting diaphragm.

That would suggest the diaphragm shape/size is common. I checked a K10-WJ and K10-SDC kit I have to compare the two diaphragms. The only difference is the location of the notch in relation to the plane of the diaphragm. I have no WS carb to look at. I wonder if the original style of diaphragm at one point was superseded/modified for some reason? Maybe depth/clearance within the pocket or circuit plate interference? Don't know why the manuals show the traditional style.

As Tim mentioned, perhaps work on the height of that lever. If it comes down to it, I can send off a decent used diaphragm (SDC) and you can try it.

You might start dropping the metering lever height a bit at a time to try and stop the flooding.

Did you check to make sure the circuit plate is not leaking? New gasket?

All new parts were installed, I'm not sure how I would make sure its not leaking. The lever is already below the surface of the carb. I found a seller on ebay who says it does have the notch, but its a pack of 5 and 17$. I'm waiting to see if he will send a photo, that way I dont deal with fraud again. Sadly the other seller will not do a full refund and I'd end up losing money on the return since I have to pay for tracking. :( So now I have to eat more cost for the pack of 5. Frustrating.

All new parts were installed, I'm not sure how I would make sure its not leaking. The lever is already below the surface of the carb. I found a seller on ebay who says it does have the notch, but its a pack of 5 and 17$. I'm waiting to see if he will send a photo, that way I dont deal with fraud again. Sadly the other seller will not do a full refund and I'd end up losing money on the return since I have to pay for tracking. :( So now I have to eat more cost for the pack of 5. Frustrating.

I'd hold off on buying another diaphragm right away. Can you scan a copy of that diaphragm you received? I'll compare it to the SDC/WJ I have.

A scan/copy so I can check physical size. If it is the same size (I suspect), the SDC diaphragm should swap right in (insert) into that lever.

Got it, the best I can do is take a few photos with a digital caliper. I dont have a scanner. Will that work?

I did l little work on the tiniest saw I have. It's a LX-30 Bandit. 26cc.
I made a bar plate for it and modified a Mini Mac bar to fit.

I seems the sprocket on the bar tip on most of the little saws I buy are MIA.

I will hopefully get a chance to try it out Sat when the rain stops. Cute little saw. It has a John Deere Semi chisel LP chain on it. Not sure who made those.
The bar that came with it was missing the sprocket and the chain was missing a few cutters.

I finally got my 48" Sabre hard nose up in my chainsaw room.

LX-30 A.JPG LX-30 B.JPG

48 in SAbre hard nose (1).JPG

I did l little work on the tiniest saw I have. It's a LX-30 Bandit. 26cc.
I made a bar plate for it and modified a Mini Mac bar to fit.

I seems the sprocket on the bar tip on most of the little saws I buy are MIA.

I will hopefully get a chance to try it out Sat when the rain stops. Cute little saw. It has a John Deere Semi chisel LP chain on it. Not sure who made those.
The bar that came with it was missing the sprocket and the chain was missing a few cutters.

I finally got my 48" Sabre hard nose up in my chainsaw room.

Nice Tim. Saws, fishing rods and maybe some guns around the corner? Looks like you won a derby or two. That saw could fit in a tackle box.

OK have a Super XLAO which I love. Just did few repairs and almost bought a new Stihl but didn't.
What is the difference between this one and the XL-12. Have access to one and will pick it up tomorrow morning?

Latest posts

Back