Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those old mounts were a bit of a hybrid. I think they were a Homelite #3? K095 is the most current called for. I know the larger 196 mounts were used on xl-76 that called for the same mount as the original xl-1/super ez etc. The Canadian ones came equipped with the large Homelite mounts and the S-spacers. I have a couple of xl-1's wearing the larger Homelite mounts with spacers as well. Drive link count may be different, but I haven't counted.

The 306 that I have came equipped with a D196 mount and spacers as well. From the factory. A Canadian thing? I think they were supposed to have D176. The tail on the K095 is narrower. I might add, every 3400-4000 Counter Vibe I have came with a D196 mount and S-spacers. Can be made to work in many applications.

I just fixed up the very first chainsaw I ran. It belongs to a neighbour. I think I ran it back around 2002 or so. I remembered it as a Homelite but had no idea of the model.

It's a 330. The boot was in good shape.

I had it running quickly but the oiler gave me fits. It oils well now. I cleaned every part of the oiling system out and soaked the diaphragm in DOT 3 bake fluid for 3-1/2 days. I still have to tune it in wood before handing it back. The saw had a 3/8 LP chain on it which suspect my neighbour bought for it. I blame Oregon and their crappy descriptions of their packaged chains which don't even list the pitch.
I put a 3/8" pitch chain on it for him.

I will say that a 330 is a real PITA to work on. So much in fact, calling it a piece of **** from that perspective would be an insult to all pieces of ****.

With any luck I will never see it again.

Well, the pull cord gave out on the 410 today, and still waiting on the diaphragm. Not sure its oiling either, so I will have to check the tubes. Ahhhhh, 4 of my 7 saws are down for repairs. :(

That's why most of us have more than one saw. Sometimes all 5 of mine run, some days only a few of them want to run. Hang in there Ginger! I think you just need to run out and buy 4 more saws to replace the 4 that are down for repairs. LOL

I like your rationalization.

I have lots of Homelites. Really liking my XL-76's.

That's why most of us have more than one saw. Sometimes all 5 of mine run, some days only a few of them want to run. Hang in there Ginger! I think you just need to run out and buy 4 more saws to replace the 4 that are down for repairs. LOL

I think youre right, I have been keeping my eyes open for deals, but nothing has stood out. Just homeowner saws lately. But there was a Mac 1-62 for 100$. I decided to pass on it however.

Two saws need bars, waiting on the mail for those, one saw the oil line is rotted, and the clutch drum is worn. Now the pull cord went out on my last non homeowner saw.

Usually 20". They have a lot of power for a 58cc saw. Especially for an old design. I have four, Lots of variation in ignition, clutches and starter covers.

Not the one I use for firewood. but here is my nice one.

That is a beauty Tim.

I can't see a date on your sticker. It must be after '82 or so given the plastic throttle lock and later grip start. I sure find those chrome chip grills on the starter covers help keep the cake out of the inside. Much better than the covers minus the grill. I have one from '77 with just the ribs. Early ones with points are covered as well as later ones '81-83. Don't know for sure on all of them if they may have been swapped out.

I managed to pick up another couple. One sports the early electronic ignition (1st for me). The other, good old points. Both have seen a lot of action. But, as usual, still remind you of their pedigree when you go to pull them over. I will take them down sometime this winter.

I am tempted to lift the jug and put a gasket back on the one I swapped the top end on. It really bites back hard with compression and likes to resonate at a couple of frequencies. Smooths out under load though. I am sure it would pull a 28" bar.

I let a buddy make a few cuts with it. He was hooting and hollering through a few rounds. Comments went something along the lines of "WOW..small saw...big johnson". Too funny.

They do cut well. That saw's model number is 50150 which is higher than the other three. SN is 00479. I think the paint on that one survived because the the piston was scored. The cylinder is in good shape and just needs some cleaning up. I got another in the batch that had a broken off rear handle and it had sat in some water for awhile. The only part that was really good was the P&C so I swapped that one onto the saw pictured.

Got the pull cord repaired today. Doesnt seem to be flooding either after the lever adjustment, I ordered the correct diaphragm anyhow, so I'll install that once it arrives. But at least I have a strong running saw again. One saw bar arrived today but it was the wrong one, senders fault not mine, so still down 3 saws. Still waiting on the bars from FordF150. Hope they get here soon, I miss my 590....

Sorry to bother you guys with value questions but just thinking about changing up my collection a bit.

What would a clean Super EZ (white and red) or a really clean Super Mini fetch? I heard the Super Mini was rare and and haven't found many for sale at all (although that doesn't necessarily make them worth more).

What would a clean Super EZ (white and red) or a really clean Super Mini fetch?

I don't know what its worth, but if it was a 50cc or bigger I would be interested. I have enough 40cc class saws already. Have you already posted pics here of it? I can't remember.

Whats the general view on the homelite 330? There is a guy selling one about an hour from me for $69. Photo attached below.

20" bar. He says he's gone through it and it runs great.

Attachments

• 00j0j_6U3WkdDIGUf_600x450.jpg
    00j0j_6U3WkdDIGUf_600x450.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back