Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening everyone! I'm back again with another question. I have a C-5, I have already replaced everything but the inlet needle and seat on the carburetor. It wouldn't fire until I put a new spark plug in today and it finally started up. The thing is it runs wide open with the choke on and does when I take it off. I know this is going to be a fuel air mixture problem and I am looking for some direction. I still have yet to replace the tank side fuel line and filter. I have replaced the carb side fuel line already. Any suggestions?

Is the throttle closing all the way? Any chance you removed and replaced the throttle butterfly in the carb?
I am way to new to be messing around with anything more complicated than changing gaskets, that's why the inlet needle and seat haven't been changed lol. I checked the throttle while it was running and it did nothing, idle screw is about 1/4 turn.

I am way to new to be messing around with anything more complicated than changing gaskets, that's why the inlet needle and seat haven't been changed lol. I checked the throttle while it was running and it did nothing, idle screw is about 1/4 turn.
With the air filter off, while pressing and releasing throttle trigger, does the butterfly shaft on carb move? Butterfly shaft may be stuck or very badly worn. Turn idle screw fully out till the saw slows down.

I just finished up an early XL-1 (or so I think it is a XL-1). I was fortunate to be able to swap out the smaller 2.3 cu. in. top end on the XL-1 with a 2.5 from a Super Mini. From what I can figure, the early XL-1's were the same as the XL-Automatic minus the auto oil pump. This saw had been taken apart before me though, so things may have been swapped earlier. I was also able to re-work the drive case on the XL-1 to accommodate the oil pump from the Super. This saw was manual only but had the mounting bosses for the pump present and the oil channels plugged with inserts. I patched together the working components from both ignitions. No base gasket. Oils like a champ.

Homelite XL-1 Super Mini c.jpg Homelite XL-1 Super Mini d.jpg Homelite XL-1 Super Mini e.jpg

I need help, picked up a homelite ez, model 10110. I need a muffler bolt for it. Ebay was no help.

Attachments

• tmp_17030-20161121_1414201093399883.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
Ill check one more store, they have button hex in oxide, i wont be able to check til next week when im back though. I'm passing through a small town at the moment and its slim pickings except on chainsaws. None of the stores have the screws here. Ill pm her later tonight if i can.

Maybe it's just me but if I'm piecing together a work saw as long as it fits that's good enough for me. But I can understand wanting it to be right too.

Maybe it's just me but if I'm piecing together a work saw as long as it fits that's good enough for me. But I can understand wanting it to be right too.

Well, there are the really perfect collectors that will wait for a long time to find the exactly right parts and they have my admiration. Then there's a lot of us that do are best and hide the subs and flaws in the pics. Then there's the beater "I'm going to use it" guys. Once you get more than can run, you can wait.

Nothing wrong with running the beaters or any of them for day to day stuff.

Very true. Okay, as long as its a black bolt thats not painted, ill use it. Can anyone link a parts diagram? I cant find my model anywhere, its always a different model with different muffler. I can get the serial # if needed.

Needing a fuel cap, a muffler, and a throttle rod for my 150 im rebuilding. The rod decided to disappear to parts unknown. Probably eloped with the hdc carb circuit plate screw (which i replaced from a parts carb). Anyone got any theyd part with?

Ive got another C51 Im restoring. I split the tank and am cleaning it out. The last couple I did I think I used Seal All for the gasket. Years have gotten between the last build and my memory but I know I didnt use the factory gasket. What do you guys typically use? Thank you for the help.

Branden

Latest posts

Back