Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen one like that before.
Kinda look like this
ded928501ad9d92f90a5b43bbcf239dd.jpg

Does anyone know if the P&C from an original EZ, EZ-6, etc will fit the 17, 4-20? The cylinder gasket is the same but the diameter and stroke is larger on the EZ. Maybe the cylinder allows for the slightly longer stroke? 1.375" vs 1.50". I can check the crank, connecting rod, and piston specs on one I have torn down but no longer have the cylinder.

Does anyone know if the P&C from an original EZ, EZ-6, etc will fit the 17, 4-20? The cylinder gasket is the same but the diameter and stroke is larger on the EZ. Maybe the cylinder allows for the slightly longer stroke? 1.375" vs 1.50". I can check the crank, connecting rod, and piston specs on one I have torn down but no longer have the cylinder.

Thought 'd give this a bump. I found that the connecting rod is the same on both engines so the only two questions are: Will the piston make a full rotation without excess squish and interfering with the crank and will the outer covers still fit.

buzz sawyer, you need to be aware that the crankcase may be different, longer stroke means more room is needed to swing the crank and rod. That could lead to clearance issues there as well as the piston hitting the top of the cylinder in the squish area.

Can anyone ID this part
a4e688bc1541bef5597d2169403442ea.jpg
dd381cd58a95bf6a26e8abfc141ac69f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Superceded parts cross reference 1977. Unfortunately, no where used. Might be from a pump or some other oddball with a large tank attached.

upload_2018-1-18_12-1-34.png

I would guess the right angle brackets on the part fit under a tank strap.

buzz sawyer, you need to be aware that the crankcase may be different, longer stroke means more room is needed to swing the crank and rod. That could lead to clearance issues there as well as the piston hitting the top of the cylinder in the squish area.
I'll just wait for the right P&C.
Thanks for your input!

Latest posts

Back