Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy them ten at a time myself. There is the homelite ones and the poulan ones.
Both have the same size base. .213" and the body is .158" The homelite are short and the poulan are taller.
I believe the poulan ones with a wider beak may be able to flow a tiny bit more than the homelite ones.
In a few instances of application the poulan are too tall.
poulan 530026119 last time were $1.34 ea
homelitte 69451, rotary 7259, sten 610-345, oregon 07-004
Any good O*P*E supplier should have or be able to get them both
E-10 mix will kill them both

Anybody got a trick for gettin the clutch off a 1050 super......I have the oem poulan tool and i have the rod locked and actually broke one of the pins off the tool it was so tight. Still havent budged. Any ideas would be great

Anybody got a trick for gettin the clutch off a 1050 super......I have the oem poulan tool and i have the rod locked and actually broke one of the pins off the tool it was so tight. Still havent budged. Any ideas would be great
Maybe try heating it first? You are turning counter-clockwise, right?

Yes. I tried both ways just in case its never budged. I was going to try to heat it, but i didn know if the clutch spyder was made of good enough steel to take the heat and not get brittle later

I tried both ways, i have to split it for crank bearings anyway. So seals are in its future too

They are left hand threads!!! I would not use heat, it may ruin the seals.
Wow, had my head on backwards there for a minute. So Sorry! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
As for the heat, I didn't mean enough to hurt the the seals, just warm it up a little. Might help and yes, on both of mine I had to use extreme force to get it to break loose.

I take the shoes out and use a spanner socket with a 1/2" breaker. You can make one with a large socket and a die grinder.
I had a spider on a 750 that took over 100 ft lbs to break loose. Installation torque was only 180 in lbs.
6e501621290a95bb13e021210660ce36.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

IMG_2400.JPG Here is a trash pic from tonight ( city wide dump day ). Huge husky case ,poulan scabbard and a anti vibe VI Super 2 . Whats the story on VI super 2? Sixth generation? Never ran across one with AV mounts . Kinda cool .Needs a pipe! And I have something for this bar.
IMG_2397.JPG IMG_2398.JPG IMG_2399.JPG

This smoked super ez gave its last breath to save this stihl 015. Fuel in needle seat damaged on the stihl . Swapped carbs then jets and butterflies/choke lever carb kit. See if it runs .
IMG_2412.JPG
I even kept the best part on it . Homie /stihl .
IMG_2413.JPG

View attachment 651684 Here is a trash pic from tonight ( city wide dump day ). Huge husky case ,poulan scabbard and a anti vibe VI Super 2 . Whats the story on VI super 2? Sixth generation? Never ran across one with AV mounts . Kinda cool .Needs a pipe! And I have something for this bar.
View attachment 651681 View attachment 651682 View attachment 651683
I can't see all the tag, but yours looks like it was made in 1979. That bar won't fit the Super 2, they use 3/8 lo pro chain, the bar is probably 3/8 regular or .325. Numbers on bar tell what it is.

I can't see all the tag, but yours looks like it was made in 1979. That bar won't fit the Super 2, they use 3/8 lo pro chain, the bar is probably 3/8 regular or .325. Numbers on bar tell what it is.
You are correct sir . Bar fits the 5/16 mount like a super EZ. Oh well I have them too.

The 655 clutch is splined and the nut is RH thread. I think all the threaded clutch spiders are LH thread

You're probly right,i just know a friend of mine learned the hard way the 655 was normal threads bc he stripped the nut on the threads by goin the wrong way first

Back