Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few more shots. It's pretty minty for a saw this old.

Anybody know how old this saw would be? I'm in my late 30s and I can remember this saw up on a shelf in dads shop as far back as I can remember

Thought it was the absolute coolest thing when I was a young boy!! The checkered flag and chrome is still as good looking today as it was 30 years ago!! I was so excited when he offered it to me.

YdfERTe.jpg
OAnxF6L.jpg
BbDEzk6.jpg
jJOBtpE.jpg

Here's a few more shots. It's pretty minty for a saw this old.

Anybody know how old this saw would be? I'm in my late 30s and I can remember this saw up on a shelf in dads shop as far back as I can remember

Thought it was the absolute coolest thing when I was a young boy!! The checkered flag and chrome is still as good looking today as it was 30 years ago!! I was so excited when he offered it to me.

I also have fond memories of the first saw I remember my dad running. It stays with you.

That is a Terry Industries saw from Pointe-Claire. Are you in Canada?

That tag on the left side of the airbox could have a date - if it is the sticker type. It is hidden behind the grip start in one of your pics. If the grip start is original, my guess is a mid/later one...'80-'83? It would say T80 xxxxx or T81 xxxxx etc. Earlier had the lower profile grip and metal I.D. tags (no date). Later had the plastic starter covers.

Lots to like about these diminutive heavy hitters.

Homelite XL-1 July 2 2016 3.jpg

I also got the 1130 G thats seized .....:envy: Thing is HUGE!
View attachment 646647
A chambered mini-mac? That's cool but must really be mad at that branch..... I know how big the Homie is. I run a 1050 every so often and that's at 63 and 140 pounds. My every so often is becoming when I feel up to it.

A chambered mini-mac? That's cool but must really be mad at that branch..... I know how big the Homie is. I run a 1050 every so often and that's at 63 and 140 pounds. My every so often is becoming when I feel up to it.
At 62 and 240, can I send you a few pounds? I've got a 24" bar on one of my 1050's for firewood and a 36" bar on the other for milling. Once you get the mill on the rails weight doesn't matter, but the firewood saw gets to your back pretty quick, Joe.

At 62 and 240, can I send you a few pounds? I've got a 24" bar on one of my 1050's for firewood and a 36" bar on the other for milling. Once you get the mill on the rails weight doesn't matter, but the firewood saw gets to your back pretty quick, Joe.
I start the 1050 twice.. Once on the ground to warm it up, and then on the log and let gravity be my friend. Hate to admit but I saw and buck and split and stack by myself. Learn leverage real quick. I'll take the extra poundage, and my wife will take a little.. She's 103 AFTER a big meal.

I start the 1050 twice.. Once on the ground to warm it up, and then on the log and let gravity be my friend. Hate to admit but I saw and buck and split and stack by myself. Learn leverage real quick. I'll take the extra poundage, and my wife will take a little.. She's 103 AFTER a big meal.
Buddy showed up yesterday with this XL2.. Says he paid $60 for it. Doesn't have a scratch on it. Still had the owners manual in premo shape.. Dual trigger saw. The other one I built for him last month out of about 5 hulks I had kicking around. They're now in a box

Attachments

• image0000001_3.jpg
    image0000001_3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image0000001_2.jpg
    image0000001_2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 15

Believe it or not the mini mac gets with it, all 29cc and 10 inch bar. I hope to fix the 1130 I have a 60" bar for it. Till then is going on the wall as a lookie.

Believe it or not the mini mac gets with it, all 29cc and 10 inch bar. I hope to fix the 1130 I have a 60" bar for it. Till then is going on the wall as a lookie.
Don't turn your back, or the next time you take a lookie, you might only see a faded spot where that bar used to be, Joe.

I also have fond memories of the first saw I remember my dad running. It stays with you.

That is a Terry Industries saw from Pointe-Claire. Are you in Canada?

That tag on the left side of the airbox could have a date - if it is the sticker type. It is hidden behind the grip start in one of your pics. If the grip start is original, my guess is a mid/later one...'80-'83? It would say T80 xxxxx or T81 xxxxx etc. Earlier had the lower profile grip and metal I.D. tags (no date). Later had the plastic starter covers.

Lots to like about these diminutive heavy hitters.

View attachment 646698

I think it does say T81 on the tag on the side of the saw. Had a couple of collectors looking at it today and they couldn't believe the shape it's in. I guess it is that minty.

I'll have to have another look.

I am in canada if that helps.

Hi gang,I just found this spot here late last night.It's good to see some Homelite fans on this site.I own around 40 of them.They range from the smaller Super 2's to an old XP-1000.I'm looking to downsize,thin the herd a bit.I've got about 8 SEZ's,looking to get rid of about 6 of them.I've got a bunch of Old Blues as well.I checked most all of them out when I got them about 3 or 4 mo.ago,they all pop when I put fuel in the carbs.Most of them only need a carb rebuild & a new fuel line,others need a little more work.I could part them all out to make money,but I hate to do that to a perfectly good saw.The blues have some paint loss,but other than that are still good saws.

No I don't, Why is it locked up? Have you removed the muffler. I had a 2100 Super that was
locked up in nice shape. It was so corroded in side it needed, Piston, cylinder and both cases.

Working on rebuild/restoring a 1050 super. I know i need crank bearings as the crank was stuck. Are the bearings a nominal size that can be obtained like through a napa or carquest? Or is there a skf or national part number for them? Thanks

I believe you can get them at any bearing supply store. You will need numbers of the
old bearings or measurements. The clutch side seal should be no problem as well but
the flywheel side should be the same as a 2100 and last time I did one of those the
seal is proprietary. Homelites # 58308-B

Just coming home from big fairgrounds yard sale. All the houses in the neighborhood have yard sales in the front yard. Super 1050 with 36" bar. Guy says it's a good runner. The fuel tank leaks so it's empty. He said he would put fuel in it if I wanted to start it, said it starts on first or second pull every time. He's asking $200, or best offer. The 36" bar looks good and the chain looks almost new. I only had a $100 dollar bill on me, and I think that would take it home. But, I have 2 of them already, Joe

Back