Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a Super 2 at an auction Tuesday, in the red case, plastic one, for $15. Had been all shined up on the outside and had a 1/4 inch of grease on the inside. Cleaned it up and put fresh fuel in and it is an absolute screamer. The only thing wrong is the bar stud is stripped right where the nut tightens up, so they had 3 flat washers on it to move the nut out to good threads.

I picked up a Super 2 at an auction Tuesday, in the red case, plastic one, for $15. Had been all shined up on the outside and had a 1/4 inch of grease on the inside. Cleaned it up and put fresh fuel in and it is an absolute screamer. The only thing wrong is the bar stud is stripped right where the nut tightens up, so they had 3 flat washers on it to move the nut out to good threads.
Studs an easy fix

Yep, got an order ready for chainsawlady. Joyce said the stud was $2, and I need some air filters for the 1050's and a couple C5's. Hope to wrap up a couple projects before mowing season sets in, Joe.
1050? I love my 1050.... Not the saw I limb with...it's the saw I drink withIMG_20171018_091123.jpg

1050? I love my 1050.... Not the saw I limb with...it's the saw I drink withView attachment 644680
What's your bench from? I have one that looks just like it. Mines Dawn Redwood. I took my new 1050 down on the court where I could rest the bar on a log. Gripped the trigger in my right hand, starter handle in my left, cranked 3 times and started right up. Pushed the choke in and after about 30 seconds to a minute it was idling smooth as silk. Super happy camper. In this pic it's running, Joe

PNfy40jb.jpg

What's your bench from? I have one that looks just like it. Mines Dawn Redwood. I took my new 1050 down on the court where I could rest the bar on a log. Gripped the trigger in my right hand, starter handle in my left, cranked 3 times and started right up. Pushed the choke in and after about 30 seconds to a minute it was idling smooth as silk. Super happy camper. In this pic it's running, Joe

PNfy40jb.jpg
The bench, knowing me is probably for or larch framing lumber.. 1050 is cold blooded. Won't run for first minute

I'm going to make a quick guess and say it's an XL900 series. The oiler looks like one of mine. What's it say on the recoil cover under Homelite? How long of a bar? I'll have to defer to more knowledgeable folks. With no other saws near it for perspective, it looks big to me. Pics of the XL900 series are kind of slim on Acres site, but I saw one with that oiler, Joe.

Here is a sad story . Saw was used to cut ice . P/O thought it would be a good idea to tape the recoil closed to keep water out. It's seized anybody have a P/C ? It's a super 1130 G .
View attachment 644745 View attachment 644746
Did you pull the muffler and check to see how bad it was? I've seen seized saws come back to life, but not if they are all melted together, Joe.

Back