Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one wasn't as clean as I thought. I went out to snap a couple pics and I could see all kinds of grease inside the fins for the recoil. I'll see what it looks like tomorrow, Joe.
z3inedN.jpg

090f6Gd.jpg

I have a clean book , if you need it . Distant cousin 2 trigger. LOL
View attachment 644145
Fella brought in a Mac 700. Wouldn't start. Come to find out after opening the starter/fan shroud there was no way any cooling was going on cuz of all the oily wood chip build up. I think I was the first to break loose the screws. Saw looked brand new. Hoping the heat only took the top end.

I have a clean book , if you need it . Distant cousin 2 trigger. LOL
View attachment 644145
No thanks, save it for a nice one, I'm just going to try and flip this one at a yard sale, I want one with the double triggers. One thing I noticed looking on Acre's site, the single trigger Super 2 is 2CC's bigger than the double trigger, Joe.

Hats off to all that keep this old stuff going .
It's funny, I've only bought old saws if they meet 2 requirements, at least 24" bar and at least 70CC's. In the past 2-3 weeks I picked up a couple little saws with other stuff, and they both turned out to be good runners. I cut 3 of my yard trailer loads of Cherry with the little 150 Automatic, and had a blast playing with it. Now I'm taking a second look at the little ones too, Joe.

The older I get the lighter the saw I want to swing! My Super 2 SL is single trigger but with a chainbrake. Still in pieces after a tear down to replace oil lines and do a carb kit. Oil lines are very complicated!
Homelite made a million S-2s, and I think I have a majority of those. I've tried to keep away from the plastic body series but have still aquired quite a few. Whataya need? I'm in the Washington 99202 area. Cheers. K

It's funny, I've only bought old saws if they meet 2 requirements, at least 24" bar and at least 70CC's. In the past 2-3 weeks I picked up a couple little saws with other stuff, and they both turned out to be good runners. I cut 3 of my yard trailer loads of Cherry with the little 150 Automatic, and had a blast playing with it. Now I'm taking a second look at the little ones too, Joe.

I was thinking that too until I tried some. Some of those 38 - 42cc saws are real rippers.

Back