Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a nice little SEZ Aaron. I'm working on mine I got from the Christmas thread this year. If my intake gasket would hurry up and get here it could be running this week. Only thing is mine is real west coast style...FULL WRAP BAR :rock:

Thanks Rick. It's not so nice on the inside right now I'm afraid. Even though the compression 'feels' great, the piston and cylinder are badly scored. A good used P/C set will be on the way to me from the Great White North, just as soon as the fellow that's sending it can get through the snow to his shed. :msp_biggrin:

I'll have another of these saws (a good runner) on the way to me from another member shortly.......and maybe yet another plus some parts saws (if a trade deal works out). Looks like I just sold my Stihl 031AV, so that will pay for some saw parts and shipping costs. Soon hopefuly this S E-Z will be making chips again.:cheers:

Thanks Rick. It's not so nice on the inside right now I'm afraid. Even though the compression 'feels' great, the piston and cylinder are badly scored. A good used P/C set will be on the way to me from the Great White North, just as soon as the fellow that's sending it can get through the snow to his shed. :msp_biggrin:

I'll have another of these saws (a good runner) on the way to me from another member shortly.......and maybe yet another plus some parts saws (if a trade deal works out). Looks like I just sold my Stihl 031AV, so that will pay for some saw parts and shipping costs. Soon hopefuly this S E-Z will be making chips again.:cheers:

I really like these SEZ's. The one i'm working on has the dykes ring piston in it. I have another i'm using as a parts doner. It was my 1st saw ever and I ran the snot outta it. I did run it lean though a few years back well before being a member here. It still ran and would still if it was together but I scored the piston up pretty good. Still makes good compression somehow though.

GRRRR!!!

attachment.php

Not much of a hay-raking tractor.

Chris B.

Thats some pretty red there CPR.

Im still on the hunt for another gas tank for my H, or a solution to the rust :cry:
But did get the straight gas manifold and a pipe stuck on it. But it doesnt run very long with a 3 gallon tank off a JD ridin mower.

Anybody that raked hay with an M must of had their own oil well, or got volume discounts on fuel. Just saying.
That M looks sharp, for an M, that is.

Can't help it, can you?

In any case, I've raked with a Super M and I'll do it with a 806 gasser just to keep you coming back.

Chris B.

Anybody that raked hay with an M must of had their own oil well, or got volume discounts on fuel. Just saying.
That M looks sharp, for an M, that is.

We're not doing anything here for "maximum efficiency". If we were..........we'd be running 'modern' chainsaws and using some modern tractors to load the wood in our hybrid pickups!:D

I recognize that last sentance as being as close to a compliment for a Red tractor as we're ever gonna get from you Jeff. Thanks for trying bro!:cheers:

We're not doing anything here for "maximum efficiency". If we were..........we'd be running 'modern' chainsaws and using some modern tractors to load the wood in our hybrid pickups!:D

I recognize that last sentance as being as close to a compliment for a Red tractor as we're ever gonna get from you Jeff. Thanks for trying bro!:cheers:

Not true.
Seen an original paint 420 JD, red original paint, as Deere would have painted anything if you would buy it and provide the paint. A county guy wouldn't have anything other than red, and the JD dealer got the low bid. Problem solved by red paint. It looked OK, for a red tractor.

Back to Homelites please, as Randy has freshened his ammo supply.

Man...with all this talk about EZ's lately, makes me want to dig mine out.

In a previous post I had mentioned an old Homie dealer selling NOS. I had not made it back over there until today. Picked up a box of misc parts and a couple more bars. These are the bars I ended up with. Noting a decent NOS for my latest acquisition, a 540.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow Mitch didn't take long for you to get a bar for it.. Looks good next to the 410.. I am interested to see how it runs next to it tho.. It always surprised me... Love the huge clutch it has too..

Latest posts

Back