Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick rehash of Mitch's pic to keep RandyMac at bay....

attachment.php

The sweet little NOS Homelite E-Z bar below that NOS 5-30 bar now rests in my hot little hands. I'll let the new owner of that 5-30 bar post up if he wishes to. Thanks Mitch!:cheers:

It arrived unexpectedly in a box of Zip parts. Was a total surprise. That little bugger will be the final touch on a pretty E-Z that will be on a shelf in the house. At least one saw deserves that honor!:D

The Zip parts were the last things needed for my Original EZ/EZ6 saw, other than a few gaskets that will be coming my way shortly. It should be running again soon, and will be my "Saw of Many Colors"..................at least until I get around to repainting the whole thing. That won't happen for a while yet.

Last edited:
I've got a chance to pick up a HL Zip, reportedly a runner... how far would YOU drive and how much would you pay? $45 and 2 hours...??

I've got a chance to pick up a HL Zip, reportedly a runner... how far would YOU drive and how much would you pay? $45 and 2 hours...??

Two hours one way or round trip? I'd go $40 and two hours one way if it was a decent looking runner. Farther if I could combine the trip with other saw scores or do something else while I'm there. I've made 'family trips' out of long drives for saw scores...:cheers:

Always involve your family if you can, road trip, have lunch, take a walk somewhere, get saw, ease on home.

Yep. Still gotta make that 'family drive' down to Santa Cruz to pick up that Mac 300. The weather keeps turing to #### every time we try to plan it. That's not a drive to take in bad weather...:monkey:

Always involve your family if you can, road trip, have lunch, take a walk somewhere, get saw, ease on home.

Yea... I would have to balance the good karma of the family trip against the stink-eye from the wife as I picked up saws.

I could make a saw tour. the Zip has a D. Bradley brother at the same house. I could then take a right turn and pick up another D Bradley and a MAC 1-70.

It would be safer to take a day off work and then take the family out for the weekend.

Homie's for sale.

I just thought I would mention, I have listed three Homelites for sale in the classifieds. A C5, a 360 and a super EZ if anyone is interested.

A guy is coming over next week to the house (business stuff)and and last time I met up with him I was telling him about some of the chainsaws I have picked up and he said he had one he would bring me. This was a couple of weeks and he called today.

Said it was a big blue homelite. No auto oiler. Was there that many blue Homelite models?
He said he was pretty sure he had it in his shed and would bring it this next Tuesday. He said it used to run very well but thinks it no longer has spark.

Any guess on the model?

That's what I was wondering if there was a lot of them as it seems I have only seen a hand full of the smaller ones. Hopefully next week it will be here.

A guy is coming over next week to the house (business stuff)and and last time I met up with him I was telling him about some of the chainsaws I have picked up and he said he had one he would bring me. This was a couple of weeks and he called today.

Said it was a big blue homelite. No auto oiler. Was there that many blue Homelite models?
He said he was pretty sure he had it in his shed and would bring it this next Tuesday. He said it used to run very well but thinks it no longer has spark.

Any guess on the model?

There are all kinds of blue Homelites, some of them were big, very big.
Could be a C5.

Theres C-51 and 52, Zip, Super wiz 55 and 66, there's a few more.

The guy saw my SuperXL and said it was bigger than that one.

I doubt it is a gear drive although that would be very cool. He said he cut down a bunch of big cottonwood trees with it. THe story goes he was doing landscaping for a (old man) customer and the guy came out after they were finished and said do you want this and handed it to him.

I sure hope he finds it in his shed.

Back