Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's blue, then his saw is a Zip. Same basic saw as an EZ-6. Different starter. Single reed. 4.7ci instead of 5ci. Made a few years later than the EZ-6 (which had been replaced by the 600D). Homelite Zips are easy to find if you want one...:D

I know a fellow who has at least two Zips and they're both for sale...

Super EZ Auto

Been meaning to post pics of my Super EZ Auto for a while. Well here it is. My grandpa used it back in the early 80s as a back up saw. I pulled it out a few years ago to find that the spark plug wire was in half. So I cut the wire off from a scrap 330 I had laying around and stripped it down so it fit in the coil. After that, she fired right up. Then later on last winter when I was cutting up a down tree. When I got it almost cut up, she died. I could get her to start and run for about 1 to 5 seconds then die. So I bough ta carb kit and did a tune up and now she runs just like she did new. The only thing that is wrong is that the piston is in bad shape. All scratched up. And she starts hard sometimes. One of these days I should go in there and clean and set the points.View attachment 236941View attachment 236942

Sorry if this has been answered before. I tried the search but came up with nothing.

Working on a XP1000 which has magnesium rot through the fuel tank and cover. The hole is big enough to put your thumb through....
The rest of the saw looks good other than the starter which I may convert.

I bought new parts but now don't know what to seal the cover with. Will Dirko work or do I need something stronger?

Mark

I think the 600D replaced the 7-19, both had the 4 reed set-up.

You're right Randy. I left out the 7-19 and 7-19C. There was the EZ, EZ6, 7-19, 7-19C, and 600D. All but the earliest EZ6 saws had the four petal pyramid reed setup (it's in most EZ6 IPL's).. The EZ had the single flat reed, as did the Zip. My early EZ6 had a single reed like my EZ. I have seen an early EZ6 IPL that showed the single reed manifold.

Did you get the email I sent you a day or so ago? We need to meet up.

Yeah, I got it, read it earlier.
I'm getting a rebuilt carb, probably next week, what passes for gas here has taken it's toll.
Next weekend won't work, maybe the weekend of the 18th. I think the FNG will take my
last half of the shift on Fryday, so I can go home at 0000 and sleep some.

Sorry if this has been answered before. I tried the search but came up with nothing.

Working on a XP1000 which has magnesium rot through the fuel tank and cover. The hole is big enough to put your thumb through....
The rest of the saw looks good other than the starter which I may convert.

I bought new parts but now don't know what to seal the cover with. Will Dirko work or do I need something stronger?

Mark

If you're talking about patching the hole I'd probably find a piece of aluminum a little larger than the hole and run a bead of JB Weld around the hole and stick the patch on it, then after it dried I'd put a thin layer of JB Weld over the entire patch and surrounding area, wait about a week and sand it down, prime it then paint it.

If you're talking about patching the hole I'd probably find a piece of aluminum a little larger than the hole and run a bead of JB Weld around the hole and stick the patch on it, then after it dried I'd put a thin layer of JB Weld over the entire patch and surrounding area, wait about a week and sand it down, prime it then paint it.

There is no way i'm patching the hole. I've already bought the new tank and cover.
I just want to know what to use to seal the new parts together. the IPL says use homelite cement p#22788. I'm hoping Dirko will do as I have plenty of that.

Thanks

There is no way i'm patching the hole. I've already bought the new tank and cover.
I just want to know what to use to seal the new parts together. the IPL says use homelite cement p#22788. I'm hoping Dirko will do as I have plenty of that.

Thanks

Better than most, do not know of anything better, cork or paper sometimes equal. If it was mine, I'd be waiting on the Dirko assembled parts to run it again.

Yeah, I got it, read it earlier.
I'm getting a rebuilt carb, probably next week, what passes for gas here has taken it's toll.
Next weekend won't work, maybe the weekend of the 18th. I think the FNG will take my
last half of the shift on Fryday, so I can go home at 0000 and sleep some.

My phone and internet service is down (damn ATT U-Verse...) I will call or email you tonight with my smartphone. Signal is terrible here at home. Sat the 19th sounds good...

I have 5 Zips and they are all for sale. $25 each. None of them run, but all are mostly there.

I was thinking of you and your five Zips when I posted earlier.:D

Better than most, do not know of anything better, cork or paper sometimes equal. If it was mine, I'd be waiting on the Dirko assembled parts to run it again.

Thanks. I'll post some pics when I get it together.

Thanks

In that case I would go down to my friendly NAPA dealer and get a tube of MotoSeal. It has worked on my C5 and a couple of other saws without any leaking. I don't know anything about Dirko but the MotoSeal works great.

Howdy Gents, thought I might share a video look at a real nice restored model 7-29. These are 129cc's and belt reduction drive. This one was restored by Darrins Chainsaws. I added a 42" roller nose bar and 1/2 pitch full chisel chain (Thank you on the chain Bill G.). Anyway if you go to Darrin's site you can see it running after it was restored, but I am going to keep this one pristine. Between the oversize spike, roller bar and big chisel chain it outfitted just the way I always wanted one of these. Hoss's Homie7-29 - YouTube This was a customer saw for Darrin which I found out after I called and spoke with him. He also said that it took three 7-29's to buid this one and it was a great deal for just the cost of the resto work. Darrin does great work and this was a heck of a deal on a saw I always wanted set up just the way I wanted.

003.jpg

Latest posts

Back