Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on which tank fitting you have. Tank to carb line should be 3/16" ID in any case. I've used 3/16" automotive fuel line for this piece, as it's OD seals nicely in the pass-through hole of the carb box. Gotta oil the outside of the line a bit to get 'er through that hole. I did work on one saw that must've had a smaller pass-through hole, as 3/16" ID automotive line would NOT go through. Ended up using 3/16"x5/16" Tygon type line on that one.

In-tank line could be 1/8" ID or 3/16" ID. I've seen both types of fittings. One type has barbs for 3/16" lines on both ends............and the other has the large barb on the outside end and a long skinny barb for 1/8" line on the inside end. 1/8"x1/4" or .117x.211" line will work fine on the long/skinny barb. 3/16"x5/16" line will work fine on the 'big barb' version.

Thanks!

I'm on the road for work this week, but I'll pull things apart this weekend to see what I have.

I got the 770G done.;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mr. Cleef,
Do you work for a living or
just restore chainsaws. :msp_w00t:

Another fine job.

Uncle Lee

Thanks Lee.

Remember I have a great big Firewood Business.
I work on the saws after I close for a few hours or more.
In almost every saw pic there is firewood in the background.

Thanks Lee.

Remember I have a great big Firewood Business.
I work on the saws after I close for a few hours or more.
In almost every saw pic there is firewood in the background.

Some people have all the fun........................................................................................................:bowdown:

35sl Refresh

I'm currently waiting for some parts from chainsawr to use on this saw. It's an interesting design and has a downward facing exhaust port like the Mac 10-10 series. I don't think there is much one can do for a muff mod except open the final exit hole as there is not much inside the muffler. P&C are in great condition as is the rest of the saw with the possible exception of the chain brake. It may just need a very good cleaning. I've heard that these are very good runners when fit.

On the bench there is a MS-170 that needs a new piston and an MS 031 that needs the crankcase replaced due to a cracked oil tank.

Having lots of fun! Wife would like to see some sold, me too.:laugh:

Regards,

Lee

I'm currently waiting for some parts from chainsawr to use on this saw. It's an interesting design and has a downward facing exhaust port like the Mac 10-10 series. I don't think there is much one can do for a muff mod except open the final exit hole as there is not much inside the muffler. P&C are in great condition as is the rest of the saw with the possible exception of the chain brake. It may just need a very good cleaning. I've heard that these are very good runners when fit.

On the bench there is a MS-170 that needs a new piston and an MS 031 that needs the crankcase replaced due to a cracked oil tank.

Having lots of fun! Wife would like to see some sold, me too.:laugh:

Regards,

Lee

gonna look @ 35sl today... got it, gonna tighten up chain, seller didn't have tools, movin, gonna see some rain & wood in an hour or so... pics a little later...

Last edited:
a "needs nothing" saw for less than the box of beer I drank last nite... got 12v Oregon sharpener, dunno if i'll use it... 3 extra stones, owners manual as well.View attachment 315478View attachment 315479View attachment 315480View attachment 315481View attachment 315482 any one know what the tool attached to cord is? im thinkin for measuring stones.... also, if anyone knows how to get pics to acres site, they don't have any there...

Likely for measuring file size. 7/32, 3/16, 4.5mm and 5/32 but that's a WAG.

Nice looking saw.

Not a bad day, details to come shortly, Joe.

A couple years ago my wife was hanging out with one of her girlfriends. She introduced her to another friend. Turns out the new gal was the daughter of one of my Dad's competitors. We had been in the tree care business for four generations, and my Dad, new her Dad well. My Dad passed away in 2004. We were sharing a condo at the beach with the new friend, when her Dad passed away 2 years ago. Last weekend she moved her Mom to a new senior neighborhood. She and her husband said there was a pile of old saws in the basement and they brought them home for me. Eight saws, Super 77, C72, an XL 900 series( the paint is scratched off), 3 XL12's (of one form or another), a Wards, and one more I'm missing. There is also a Mac bar with helper handle in the 42 to 48" range. As I was leaving her son came out with an NOS box of number 10 chain for the 77, it has a 42" bar. I'm not sure yet if there is enough chain in the box to make a full loop, got my fingers crossed. The 77 is missing the muffler, and when I pulled the engine over I got pumped. The piston looks brand spanking new, not a scratch or blemish on it. I think I'll be able to get that one running. I haven't had a chance to look them over yet, but they all felt like they had good compression. I'm assuming that they were in good shape when he put them away, or he would have scrapped them. That's all till I get to start playing with them. I'm heading up to my farm in WV next weekend, and then I'm on vacation in NC for a week long King Mackerel tournament. Maybe I can get a few minutes one day this week before I leave town, Joe.

Latest posts

Back