Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so what is the secret of the .325 sprocket combo? I have three and find them to be very willing little saws. I have thought that a lighter chain might add a new edge too

Lee

Here's the recipe Lee. Grab a Homelite A-65987 clutch drum (2 on ebay right now for 10 bucks) and one standard .325 9 pin rim sprocket. Use your existing needle bearing and clutch. (Note: U must use the "S" type clutch. A 3 shoe will not work). Toss it all on and match with a .325 58 gauge Husqvarna small mount. Top it off with a 72 loop of your choice. Walla! Serve with chips! :chainsaw:

Nothing wrong with running a 24" on it...........but it'll definitely run a 28" without trouble if it's healthy. My SXL-925 ran the heck out of a 28" bar wearing full comp semi-chisel in oak. A 550 is a stronger saw than a 925.

I couldn't resist picking this up tonight. Other than it's complete and has great compression I haven't touched it yet.

Tim , You've got it BAD! You have to leave a few for the rest of folk up here in the snow belt! Didi you also get that XL67 in Guelph?

You are in line for a "You Suck"

Regards,

Lee

Here's the recipe Lee. Grab a Homelite A-65987 clutch drum (2 on ebay right now for 10 bucks) and one standard .325 9 pin rim sprocket. Use your existing needle bearing and clutch. (Note: U must use the "S" type clutch. A 3 shoe will not work). Toss it all on and match with a .325 58 gauge Husqvarna small mount. Top it off with a 72 loop of your choice. Walla! Serve with chips! :chainsaw:
Many thanks z50guru. I'll start collecting the required bits and bobs. Happy Thanksgiving!

Lee

photobucket-9013-1339312684071.jpg

photobucket-31576-1339312684579.jpg

Lookin' good Jim! You get a hearty "You Suck!" for that cherry (and cheap) 2100CD score too.

Nice coupl'a work horses up there :rolleyes: perched nicely upon the "crummie". I noticed the the muffler on the SEZ is one ive not seen before o_O I wondered if it was a type of forest muffler or a mod job?

Latest posts

Back