Homelite EZ Automatic Brought Back to Life

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike94d

Reaction score
I was over at my folks house today helping out around the yard as dad is now 87 and doesn't get around to good anymore. Anyway, I asked about the old Homelite I new he had that I last saw (no pun here) when I was 18ish, now 51....jeez. Anyway, he told me where it was back in the shed and I took it home. Thing is in excellent shape, smelled so bad from old dryed out gas, nasty, real nasty. I spent about 35 minutes on it, took the top cover off the carb, cleaned screen, forced some fresh gas in to the ports, blew out with compressed air, and I ended up getting this thing running perfectly. Tuned the high and low speed, fires right up now! This things is so retro looking, should have antique plates on it. It has the red side cover with chrome metal side piece. Type 10109, Ser 03420071. Very powerful saw, I was surprised. So I called him up, mom put the speaker phone on, he put his hearing aids in and I fired it up so he could hear it. He was so happy, got a big kick out of it. Will have to replace the gas line as it is almost gum rubber, no problem. Anyway, I had did a google search to try to find out some info about this saw, and the archive from this site came up. Good read. So I decided to register and tell you'all a Saturday afternoon story. A happy one for me and my dad and anyone else that would enjoy the read.
Mike :cheers:

Back