Homelite MP88 and XL projects

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEFORMULA

Reaction score
I have had an MP88, as well as a few other projects, on the shelf for a few years now that I am finally ready to dive into. I contacted Homelite to try and get a copy of the original documentation. That turned out to be a huge waste of my time.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Owners Manual, IPL, or maybe even a Service Manual covering the MP88? My exact model # is UT-05056. I believe this was in production from the mid 90's to the early 2000's.

I also have a late model XL I would like to get running again. I use to love that little saw for climbing. I can only find service manuals for the older XL model. Mine has the plastic cases and side (recoil) cover and has the Zama carb with the oil pump mounted over the metering side of the carb. It is a UT-10695.

I'm a little concerned that the top end may be worn out on the XL. I haven't had the saw out of the box for at least decade, but I seem to recall there not being much compression when I put it away. If anyone has any leads on an NOS jug, piston & ring let me know.

BTW.. this is officially my first post. So, hello everyone!!!

Read more: http://houseofhomelite.proboards.com/thread/6085/mp88-xl-documentation#ixzz4xG91PNyI

I have had an MP88, as well as a few other projects, on the shelf for a few years now that I am finally ready to dive into. I contacted Homelite to try and get a copy of the original documentation. That turned out to be a huge waste of my time.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Owners Manual, IPL, or maybe even a Service Manual covering the MP88? My exact model # is UT-05056. I believe this was in production from the mid 90's to the early 2000's.

I also have a late model XL I would like to get running again. I use to love that little saw for climbing. I can only find service manuals for the older XL model. Mine has the plastic cases and side (recoil) cover and has the Zama carb with the oil pump mounted over the metering side of the carb. It is a UT-10695.

I'm a little concerned that the top end may be worn out on the XL. I haven't had the saw out of the box for at least decade, but I seem to recall there not being much compression when I put it away. If anyone has any leads on an NOS jug, piston & ring let me know.

BTW.. this is officially my first post. So, hello everyone!!!

Read more: http://houseofhomelite.proboards.com/thread/6085/mp88-xl-documentation#ixzz4xG91PNyI
I have a late model xl that has no spark but good compression. Send me your address and cover the shipping and it is yours.

Back